Quantcast

#operator: Documentation

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

#operator: Documentation

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Where can I learn more about how e.g. ~= and ~> work? I dug into the code a bit, but I'm still not entirely clear...

Thanks!
Cheers,
Sean
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: #operator: Documentation

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
~>
In fact, I tried something right out of the API reference:
        versionString: '3.5.0';
        operator: #~>;
which failed in Pharo 4.0 with ByteString DNU #~>. Apparently Gofer was trying to use that operator to compare the author names...
Cheers,
Sean
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: #operator: Documentation

Dale Henrichs-3
In reply to this post by Sean P. DeNigris
Not a lot of documentation, because there hasn't been a lot of demand to
leverage that feature set ... #>= is pretty much the default operator
... now that I'm moving more towards git, there is even less incentive
to emphasize the operators ...

for configurations I think that the #releasexx symbolic versions are
better for managing project versions, because you have the opportunity
to include platform nuances ...

I think you'll be in town this weekend, so we can talk more then...

Dale

On 08/20/2015 09:22 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Where can I learn more about how e.g. ~= and ~> work? I dug into the code a
> bit, but I'm still not entirely clear...
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/operator-Documentation-tp4844569.html
> Sent from the Metacello mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: #operator: Documentation

Dale Henrichs-3
In reply to this post by Sean P. DeNigris
I guess I should add, not a lot of testing to the list .... I tried
using the #>= the other day with MetacelloSemanticVersionNumber and it
failed there as well[1] ...

So a but report is called for:)

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues/363
On 08/20/2015 09:32 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>> ~>
> In fact, I tried something right out of the API reference:
> versionString: '3.5.0';
> operator: #~>;
> which failed in Pharo 4.0 with ByteString DNU #~>. Apparently Gofer was
> trying to use that operator to compare the author names...
>
>
>
> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/operator-Documentation-tp4844569p4844575.html
> Sent from the Metacello mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: #operator: Documentation

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dale Henrichs-3
I think you'll be in town this weekend, so we can talk more then...


Ah, yes. Good idea. I wanted to load any version 3.5+ (e.g. 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.6.x), but couldn't get it to work. #~= at least didn't give an error, but it rejected all the fuzzy formats I could think of (e.g. '3.5.x', '3.5.?') and seemed to require an explicit version.
Cheers,
Sean
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: #operator: Documentation

Dale Henrichs-3
Notwithstanding my earlier comments this feature should work.

I think we should be able to get this working this weekend.

Dale

On 08/20/2015 12:40 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> I think you'll be in town this weekend, so we can talk more then...
>
>
> Ah, yes. Good idea. I wanted to load any version 3.5+ (e.g. 3.5.0, 3.5.1,
> 3.6.x), but couldn't get it to work. #~= at least didn't give an error, but
> it rejected all the fuzzy formats I could think of (e.g. '3.5.x', '3.5.?')
> and seemed to require an explicit version.
>
>
>
> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/operator-Documentation-tp4844569p4844639.html
> Sent from the Metacello mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Loading...