pending mac vm 3.8.13b2U with Exupery - VMMaker-wbk.40.6.cs

1 message Options

pending mac vm 3.8.13b2U with Exupery - VMMaker-wbk.40.6.cs

johnmci
Ok, I was reviewing the Exupery changes and realized that not only
are there some Interpreter changes in Exupery-wbk.195 there are some
in the VMMaker-wbk.40. Duh, should have looked. Now because the
VMMaker-wbk.40 is based on an older version of VMMaker I decided to
update things a bit.

Thus
I've posted to my idisk, experimental folder, Exupery directory the
altered change set, that should be loaded in order of:
VMMaker 3.8.b6, Exupery-wbk.195, then VMMaker-wbk.40.8.cs.

However this produces a debug VM that crashes on the MacIntel when
you run the exupery story tests, about test 35 or 36 (sometimes) mind
once it ran to completion with 4 failures and 5 errors (the 5 errors
due to missing methods, or classes).  It does on the other hand run
most of the exupery programmer tests, but 17 fail. This is with a 3.9
image.

LIkely one should be able to follow the readme using a 3.8.1 VM to
build a VMMaker that allows you to build a Exupery VM using the
altered wbk.40 changeset as mentioned able.

Unfortunately building as a optimized VM causes a prompt crash when
running the Exupery tests, so I don't have a VM to distribute at this
time.
===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
===