please /don't/ mark commit messages as spam...

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

please /don't/ mark commit messages as spam...

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

I've just found several commit messages in gmail's spam folder.  These commits are important to me.  Since I think I'm correct in thinking gmail's assessment of what's spam depends on many users I'm guessing that gmail has decoded these messages are spam because subscribers to commits are marking them as so.  Doing so means I'm less likely to see the messages but they're important to me; it's how I see that other people have committed to the VM.  So please, instead of marking these messages as spam, unsubscribe from commits, or tolerate them.

Thanks.
--
best,
Eliot

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: please /don't/ mark commit messages as spam...

Bert Freudenberg
On 18.03.2015, at 08:47, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

I've just found several commit messages in gmail's spam folder.  These commits are important to me.  Since I think I'm correct in thinking gmail's assessment of what's spam depends on many users I'm guessing that gmail has decoded these messages are spam because subscribers to commits are marking them as so.  Doing so means I'm less likely to see the messages but they're important to me; it's how I see that other people have committed to the VM.  So please, instead of marking these messages as spam, unsubscribe from commits, or tolerate them.

Even better: filter them. We don't have a separate commits list. Commits come to the main list. The only way to not see them without marking as spam would be subject filtering.

If you go and tell gmail that you don't consider these to be spam, maybe it will personalize that for you?

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Jakob Reschke-2
In reply to this post by Eliot Miranda-2

To make yourself independend from other people's spam taste you could also define a filter in gmail to never mark these messages as spam.

Best regards,
Jakob

Am 18.03.2015 09:24 schrieb "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]>:
On 18.03.2015, at 08:47, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

Even better: filter them. We don't have a separate commits list. Commits come to the main list. The only way to not see them without marking as spam would be subject filtering.

If you go and tell gmail that you don't consider these to be spam, maybe it will personalize that for you?

- Bert -

Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Crowther-2
In reply to this post by Bert Freudenberg
On 18 March 2015 at 08:24, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

It doesn't seem to for me; I'd be interested in others' experiences, though this is probably not a topic for the list.

Cheers,

- Peter

cbc
Reply | Threaded
|

cbc
So, I have recently seen several message from this list marked as spam.  For instance, Eliot's last VM announcement I found in the gmail spam folder.  As well as his first message here.

So, each day now I start off by looking in spam and unmark all email from this list as 'not spam' anymore.

-cbc

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Peter Crowther <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 18 March 2015 at 08:24, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

It doesn't seem to for me; I'd be interested in others' experiences, though this is probably not a topic for the list.

Cheers,

- Peter