portmidi (and Siren)

dabrowsa@indiana.edu
I was trying to load Siren into VW.  One of the prerequisites is having
portmidi installed.  I'm not sure what that means.  I downloaded the
source from the portmidi site and compiled it, but there is no install
target in the Makefile.  Needless to say, I'm formidably ignorant about
everything I'd need to know to get Siren working, so any help would be
much appreciated.

dabrowsa.vcf (222 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: portmidi (and Siren)

Brad Fuller-3
Andrew Dabrowski wrote:
> I was trying to load Siren into VW.  One of the prerequisites is
> having portmidi installed.  I'm not sure what that means.  I
> downloaded the source from the portmidi site and compiled it, but
> there is no install target in the Makefile.  Needless to say, I'm
> formidably ignorant about everything I'd need to know to get Siren
> working, so any help would be much appreciated.
I can't help you, I know nothing about PortMidi. I would imagine that it
compiles to a dynamic library so you might see if it has an .so output,
or some such. You could contact the mailing list:
[hidden email] or Stephen Pope [hidden email]

Re: portmidi (and Siren)

Stephen Travis Pope

Hi there!

What platform are you working on?

We're almost ready with full binary releases of all the libraries that Siren depends on...

stp

--
   Stephen Travis Pope  --  Santa Barbara, California, USA

On Apr 29, 2007, at 9:25 PM, Andrew Dabrowski wrote:

I was trying to load Siren into VW.  One of the prerequisites is having portmidi installed.  I'm not sure what that means.  I downloaded the source from the portmidi site and compiled it, but there is no install target in the Makefile.  Needless to say, I'm formidably ignorant about everything I'd need to know to get Siren working, so any help would be much appreciated.
<dabrowsa.vcf>

Re: portmidi (and Siren)

dabrowsa@indiana.edu
I'm running Ubuntu 7.04.

Stephen Travis Pope wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> What platform are you working on?
>
> We're almost ready with full binary releases of all the libraries that
> Siren depends on...
>
> stp
>
> --
>    Stephen Travis Pope  --  Santa Barbara, California, USA
>    http://HeavenEverywhere.com     http://FASTLabInc.com
>

> On Apr 29, 2007, at 9:25 PM, Andrew Dabrowski wrote:
>
>> I was trying to load Siren into VW.  One of the prerequisites is
>> having portmidi installed.  I'm not sure what that means.  I
>> downloaded the source from the portmidi site and compiled it, but
>> there is no install target in the Makefile.  Needless to say, I'm
>> formidably ignorant about everything I'd need to know to get Siren
>> working, so any help would be much appreciated.
>> <dabrowsa.vcf>

dabrowsa.vcf (162 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: portmidi (and Siren)

Stephen Travis Pope

AOK -- we'll have full Linux libraries in a few days...

stp

--
   Stephen Travis Pope  --  Santa Barbara, California, USA

On Apr 30, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Andrew Dabrowski wrote:

I'm running Ubuntu 7.04.

Stephen Travis Pope wrote:
Hi there!
What platform are you working on?
We're almost ready with full binary releases of all the libraries that Siren depends on...
stp
--
   Stephen Travis Pope  --  Santa Barbara, California, USA
  On Apr 29, 2007, at 9:25 PM, Andrew Dabrowski wrote:
I was trying to load Siren into VW.  One of the prerequisites is having portmidi installed.  I'm not sure what that means.  I downloaded the source from the portmidi site and compiled it, but there is no install target in the Makefile.  Needless to say, I'm formidably ignorant about everything I'd need to know to get Siren working, so any help would be much appreciated.
<dabrowsa.vcf>

Re: portmidi (and Siren)

dabrowsa@indiana.edu
Great, thanks a lot.