preliminary Cog 4.4 all-in-one on dropbox

preliminary Cog 4.4 all-in-one on dropbox

Paul DeBruicker
If anyone wants to test it I went ahead and made a preliminary Cog
(version 2697) + 4.4 all-in-one here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4460862/Squeak-4.4-All-In-One-Cog.zip

The windows exe's and sundry files are still named 'Croquet'  I didn't
know the consequences of renaming them.

I also made some bash scripts to make the all-in-one and I put those here:

https://github.com/pdebruic/Squeak-All-In-One

Re: preliminary Cog 4.4 all-in-one on dropbox

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-03-06, at 20:01, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If anyone wants to test it I went ahead and made a preliminary Cog
> (version 2697) + 4.4 all-in-one here:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4460862/Squeak-4.4-All-In-One-Cog.zip

Doesn't work on Mac because CFBundleExecutable does not match the executable's actual name. And you did not increment CFBundleVersion.

> The windows exe's and sundry files are still named 'Croquet'  I didn't
> know the consequences of renaming them.

There should be no problem renaming them. And we don't need the Console version for the all-in-one.

Here is the icon in Mac, Win, and PNG format:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9643745/SqueakVM-Icons-bf.zip

(these don't look quite right yet, some glow is missing, but as I said I need Photoshop for that)

- Bert -

Re: preliminary Cog 4.4 all-in-one on dropbox

Paul DeBruicker
Bert Freudenberg wrote
On 2013-03-06, at 20:01, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If anyone wants to test it I went ahead and made a preliminary Cog
> (version 2697) + 4.4 all-in-one here:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4460862/Squeak-4.4-All-In-One-Cog.zip

Doesn't work on Mac because CFBundleExecutable does not match the executable's actual name. And you did not increment CFBundleVersion.
Ah. Ok.  Does the version have to start from 1 or could I make it 44 now and then 45 when 4.5 comes out (and 46 when 4.6 etc) ?

> The windows exe's and sundry files are still named 'Croquet'  I didn't
> know the consequences of renaming them.

There should be no problem renaming them. And we don't need the Console version for the all-in-one.

Here is the icon in Mac, Win, and PNG format:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9643745/SqueakVM-Icons-bf.zip

(these don't look quite right yet, some glow is missing, but as I said I need Photoshop for that)

- Bert -

In the 4.3 all in one there are these mac icons:
SqueakChanges.icns
SqueakGeneric.icns
SqueakPlugin.icns
SqueakScript.icns
Squeak.icns
SqueakImage.icns
SqueakProject.icns
SqueakSources.icns

Is there any reason to use any of them or should they all be replaced with the  SqueakVM.icns  you sent?

Also - do you know if I need to do anything with the icons for the win or linux versions?

On 2013-03-07, at 20:33, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote
>> On 2013-03-06, at 20:01, Paul DeBruicker &lt;
>
>> pdebruic@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>
>>> If anyone wants to test it I went ahead and made a preliminary Cog
>>> (version 2697) + 4.4 all-in-one here:
>>>
>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4460862/Squeak-4.4-All-In-One-Cog.zip
>>
>> Doesn't work on Mac because CFBundleExecutable does not match the
>> executable's actual name. And you did not increment CFBundleVersion.
>
> Ah. Ok.  Does the version have to start from 1 or could I make it 44 now and
> then 45 when 4.5 comes out (and 46 when 4.6 etc) ?

No, this is a build version. Nothing to do with the release.

You increment it whenever you build the bundle again - this would have been the second version of the the bundle org.squeak.SqueakAllInOne44.

>> The windows exe's and sundry files are still named 'Croquet'  I didn't
>> know the consequences of renaming them.
>
> There should be no problem renaming them. And we don't need the Console
> version for the all-in-one.
>
> Here is the icon in Mac, Win, and PNG format:
> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9643745/SqueakVM-Icons-bf.zip
>
> (these don't look quite right yet, some glow is missing, but as I said I
> need Photoshop for that)
>
> - Bert -
>

> In the 4.3 all in one there are these mac icons:
> SqueakChanges.icns
> SqueakGeneric.icns
> SqueakPlugin.icns
> SqueakScript.icns
> Squeak.icns
> SqueakImage.icns
> SqueakProject.icns
> SqueakSources.icns
>
> Is there any reason to use any of them or should they all be replaced with
> the  SqueakVM.icns  you sent?

This would only replace the VM icon, the others look differently:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/2170/SqueakMacGold-bf.1.png

> Also - do you know if I need to do anything with the icons for the win or
> linux versions?

The Windows icon needs to be edited into the .exe file with a resource editor. But Eliot is going to take care of that once we chose an icon.

The Linux icon (png) would be used only for a squeak.desktop file, which we currently don't ship.

- Bert -

OK.  Then I'm not sure what to do with the SqueakVM.icns file.  In the info.plist I cannot find a reference to the vm icon.  There is one for each of the image, sources, changes, script, and project files.  There is also the CFBundleIconFile which in the 4.3 all-in-one was Squeak.icns.  I'd guess I should make it the CFBundleIconFile

On 2013-03-07, at 21:56, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote
>> On 2013-03-07, at 20:33, Paul DeBruicker &lt;
>>>
>>> In the 4.3 all in one there are these mac icons:
>>> SqueakChanges.icns
>>> SqueakGeneric.icns
>>> SqueakPlugin.icns
>>> SqueakScript.icns
>>> Squeak.icns
>>> SqueakImage.icns
>>> SqueakProject.icns
>>> SqueakSources.icns
>>>
>>> Is there any reason to use any of them or should they all be replaced
>>> with
>>> the  SqueakVM.icns  you sent?
>>
>> This would only replace the VM icon, the others look differently:
>>
>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/2170/SqueakMacGold-bf.1.png
>>

>> - Bert -
>
> OK.  Then I'm not sure what to do with the SqueakVM.icns file.  In the
> info.plist I cannot find a reference to the vm icon.  There is one for each
> of the image, sources, changes, script, and project files.  There is also
> the CFBundleIconFile which in the 4.3 all-in-one was Squeak.icns.  I'd guess
> I should make it the CFBundleIconFile

Ah, yes. I didn't check what the main icon was actually called. So either change the name in Info.plist or rename it to Squeak.icns.

- Bert -

Re: preliminary Cog 4.4 all-in-one on dropbox

Paul DeBruicker
Bert Freudenberg wrote

Ah, yes. I didn't check what the main icon was actually called. So either change the name in Info.plist or rename it to Squeak.icns.

- Bert -

Ok.  I made the changes (build #, executable name, icon, remove Console, rename everything to Squeak).  I also updated the scripts on github.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4460862/Squeak-4.4-All-In-One-Cog.zip

Let me know if it works on Mac when you get a sec.  It starts and runs on Windows 8 and linux

Thanks

Paul