classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

process and the browser

abergel
Hi Dale,

I have been thinking about supporting different processes in the browser.
You proposed some times ago to have a class ProcessModel that defines the list of button displayed in the browser. This mean the class browser has to be augmented with one variable, the processModel. And the UI has to be refined with a way to select the process.

Would it be simpler to have a class AbstractBrowser that may be merely subclassed to support a particular process? The infrastructure is all there.

Cheers,
Alexandre

--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: process and the browser

Dale Henrichs
On 04/15/2011 05:47 AM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> I have been thinking about supporting different processes in the browser.
> You proposed some times ago to have a class ProcessModel that defines the list of button displayed in the browser. This mean the class browser has to be augmented with one variable, the processModel. And the UI has to be refined with a way to select the process.
>
> Would it be simpler to have a class AbstractBrowser that may be merely subclassed to support a particular process? The infrastructure is all there.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

Alexandre,

Before we start talking about implementations, I would like to
understand the requirements a little bit ... so some sort of detailed
information about the different processes that you would like to be
supported would help a lot ...

There are several different directions that we could go with this so I'd
like to get an overview of the various requirements for deciding upon a
particular path ...

Dale
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: process and the browser

abergel
> Before we start talking about implementations, I would like to understand the requirements a little bit ... so some sort of detailed information about the different processes that you would like to be supported would help a lot ...
>
> There are several different directions that we could go with this so I'd like to get an overview of the various requirements for deciding upon a particular path ...

I was just wondering how to simplify the browser. What I said may not the best solution. It was more like a brainstorming.
Maybe introducing submenus is a way to reduce the complexity of the browser. Right-clicking on an item has a long list.

Alexandre

--
_,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.