project.jsp

Brad Fuller
Hi all,

Is it right to assume that the "project.jsp" code creates an html file
for the downloading of a .pr project? Is the "project.jsp" code available?
I'm in the process of looking through the npsqueak plugin code and I'd
like to see the client side too.
(BTW: anyone use seaside and the plugin (I'll also ask this on the
seaside site.))

thanks much!
--
Brad Fuller

<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2184>

Re: project.jsp

Michael Rueger-3
Brad Fuller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it right to assume that the "project.jsp" code creates an html file
> for the downloading of a .pr project? Is the "project.jsp" code available?

It creates html with embed and object tags to load the plugin and
provide parameters.

> I'm in the process of looking through the npsqueak plugin code and I'd
> like to see the client side too.

It used to be JSP code but now is a simple perl script. Nothing magic
about it. I can mail it to you offline if you like.

Michael

Re: project.jsp

Bert Freudenberg-3
Am 14.06.2006 um 01:17 schrieb Brad Fuller:

> Hi all,
>
> Is it right to assume that the "project.jsp" code creates an html file
> for the downloading of a .pr project?

Yes - it simply provides the HTML tags to embed the Squeak plugin on
the page at the right size.

> Is the "project.jsp" code available?

It used to be a complex JSP program customizing the HTML to the
various browser's request.

Nowadays it just serves the same HTML to everyone, simply replacing
the "src" parameters with the project URL. What you see as HTML
source in your browser is quite literally the template in that simple
CGI script (we just retained the "project.jsp" name to not break
older URLs). No magic in there.

> I'm in the process of looking through the npsqueak plugin code and I'd
> like to see the client side too.

I guess you meant to write "server side"? There is nothing special
whatsoever, it's simple HTML, could as well be static (like my plugin
test page).

- Bert -

Re: project.jsp

Brad Fuller
Bert Freudenberg wrote:

I'm in the process of looking through the npsqueak plugin code and I'd
like to see the client side too.

I guess you meant to write "server side"? There is nothing special
whatsoever, it's simple HTML, could as well be static (like my plugin
test page).

Right, I mean what generates the html. Thanks for the reply, Bert.

--
Brad Fuller
Sonaural Audio Studios

Re: project.jsp

Brad Fuller
Michael Rueger wrote:
Brad Fuller wrote:

Hi all,

Is it right to assume that the "project.jsp" code creates an html file
for the downloading of a .pr project? Is the "project.jsp" code available?

It creates html with embed and object tags to load the plugin and
provide parameters.

I'm in the process of looking through the npsqueak plugin code and I'd
like to see the client side too.

It used to be JSP code but now is a simple perl script. Nothing magic
about it. I can mail it to you offline if you like.

That'd be great, thanks!

--
Brad Fuller
Sonaural Audio Studios