prototype based vs. classed based models of programming design (in squeak and newtonscript)

1 message Options

prototype based vs. classed based models of programming design (in squeak and newtonscript)

Paul Sheldon-2
Reading up to p.13 in Americo, I noticed quotes around parent in the
phrase "parent of the  MainFrame".

The meaning of parent had been subtly changed from object oriented
programming (oop) I had studied elsewhere. I vaguely recalled a mentor
in this oop telling me newtonscript prototypes were powerful programming
tools. Wikipedia has an article on Prototype-based-languages.

I am confused that there is such a line as super initialize suggesting
there are parent classes rather than merely parent prototypes.