put seaside application online

Michael Delache
hi all, i'm developping a web application and i have a personal web
server with apache on it. what i would to do is putting my application
on my server so other people working on it can have a look at my
application and see what it does. how can i do that?

Re: put seaside application online

mstram
http://www.seasidehosting.st/

... would be the quickest, easiest way to get it online .

I'm curious about how to "roll your own" as well, I'll keep an eye on
this thread, and do some testing / searching as well.

Mike
"What is Seaside-Hosting?

Seaside-Hosting is a free hosting service for non-commercial Seaside
applications. In contrast to a standard file hosting or a virtual
server hosting this service provides a simple to use interface to set
up and run your Seaside applications. It allows you to put your own
application online within minutes.

Seaside-Hosting offers 256 MB of file-space for saving the Pharo and
Squeak web-application image and static files, e.g, pictures or style
sheets which you want to use as part of your application.
What isn't Seaside-Hosting?

Do not register for an account if you want to serve files, if you need
full access to the server, need a database, or if you have a
commercial application. Seaside-Hosting does not offer you to run PHP,
ASP, Perl etc. If you need such a hosting or additional capabilities,
please contact us at [hidden email]."

On 3/23/10, Michael Delache <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi all, i'm developping a web application and i have a personal web
> server with apache on it. what i would to do is putting my application
> on my server so other people working on it can have a look at my
> application and see what it does. how can i do that?

Re: put seaside application online

Michael Delache
ok thank you

Le 23 mars 2010 à 11:41, Mike Stramba <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

> http://www.seasidehosting.st/
>
> ... would be the quickest, easiest way to get it online .
>
> I'm curious about how to "roll your own" as well, I'll keep an eye on
> this thread, and do some testing / searching as well.
>
> Mike
> "What is Seaside-Hosting?
>
> Seaside-Hosting is a free hosting service for non-commercial Seaside
> applications. In contrast to a standard file hosting or a virtual
> server hosting this service provides a simple to use interface to set
> up and run your Seaside applications. It allows you to put your own
> application online within minutes.
>
> Seaside-Hosting offers 256 MB of file-space for saving the Pharo and
> Squeak web-application image and static files, e.g, pictures or style
> sheets which you want to use as part of your application.
> What isn't Seaside-Hosting?
>
> Do not register for an account if you want to serve files, if you need
> full access to the server, need a database, or if you have a
> commercial application. Seaside-Hosting does not offer you to run PHP,
> ASP, Perl etc. If you need such a hosting or additional capabilities,
> please contact us at [hidden email]."
>
> On 3/23/10, Michael Delache <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> hi all, i'm developping a web application and i have a personal web
>> server with apache on it. what i would to do is putting my
>> application
>> on my server so other people working on it can have a look at my
>> application and see what it does. how can i do that?

Re: put seaside application online

mstram
Michael,

google "seaside apache proxy"

http://tekkie.wordpress.com/2006/10/24/configuring-and-managing-seaside/
http://onsmalltalk.com/running-seaside-apache-and-iis-on-windowsxp
http://leftshore.wordpress.com/2006/10/27/hint-setting-up-apache-proxy-for-your-seaside-host/

On 3/23/10, Michael Delache <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ok thank you
>

> Le 23 mars 2010 à 11:41, Mike Stramba <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>
>> http://www.seasidehosting.st/
>>
>> ... would be the quickest, easiest way to get it online .
>>
>> I'm curious about how to "roll your own" as well, I'll keep an eye on
>> this thread, and do some testing / searching as well.
>>
>> Mike
>> "What is Seaside-Hosting?
>>
>> Seaside-Hosting is a free hosting service for non-commercial Seaside
>> applications. In contrast to a standard file hosting or a virtual
>> server hosting this service provides a simple to use interface to set
>> up and run your Seaside applications. It allows you to put your own
>> application online within minutes.
>>
>> Seaside-Hosting offers 256 MB of file-space for saving the Pharo and
>> Squeak web-application image and static files, e.g, pictures or style
>> sheets which you want to use as part of your application.
>> What isn't Seaside-Hosting?
>>
>> Do not register for an account if you want to serve files, if you need
>> full access to the server, need a database, or if you have a
>> commercial application. Seaside-Hosting does not offer you to run PHP,
>> ASP, Perl etc. If you need such a hosting or additional capabilities,
>> please contact us at [hidden email]."
>>
>> On 3/23/10, Michael Delache <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> hi all, i'm developping a web application and i have a personal web
>>> server with apache on it. what i would to do is putting my
>>> application
>>> on my server so other people working on it can have a look at my
>>> application and see what it does. how can i do that?

Re: put seaside application online

Amir Ansari
Also see the chapter on deployment, in the Seaside book/documentation: http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment

...and the series of posts on this topic at http://miguel.leugim.com.mx/