re:formating animation, avatars, polygons, sub d and normal or displacement maps for

1 message Options

re:formating animation, avatars, polygons, sub d and normal or displacement maps for

David Faught
Cherub wrote:
>hello,
>using croquet to make interactive world. i am an animator. i need
>to find out about how to make subdivision polygons and sub pixal
>displacement.

It is probably a little too early in Croquet's development to talk about some of this.  For using subdivision polygons, you might try a modeling tool such as Blender3D or ArtOfIllusion.

>also would like to bring better avatars and animations into >croquet.
>can i be pointed in the right direction.

Right now, if you create a model with another tool, such as Blender3D, and export it as a VRML file, then you can (hopefully) use the VRML importer from the CroquetSource Public Contributions project to load it into Croquet.  The only way to do animations right now is through coding object methods in Smalltalk.

Better and easier ways for doing all of this are in development and will be released sometime in the future.

>what is the polygon limit with croquet please.

I don't believe that there is a specific limit within Croquet.  It is more a matter of what your hardware (both CPU and video card) will support.