recipe book

Kerry Herden
​I would like some information as to how to go about setting up a collection of recipes which are in present form hand written, cut from news papers,photos and various other sizes. I have a photo scannerbut am unsure as to how to manage this task. Any help would be gratefully accepted.
 Thank You
Kerry

Re: recipe book

Kirk Fraser
Kerry,

My suggestion depends on what you want as a result and my limited knowledge of what Squeak can do.  One way is to scan each item into a separate file, JPEG format.  Then you can use Squeak file browser to access the  collection of file names.  Click on open and it will display the .jpg file.  Going more complicated is probably best addressed by someone else.

Kirk W. Fraser
www.JesusGospelChurch.com - Replace the fraud churches with the true church.
http://freetom.info - Example of False Justice common in America

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM, Kerry Herden <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like some information as to how to go about setting up a collection of recipes which are in present form hand written, cut from news papers,photos and various other sizes. I have a photo scannerbut am unsure as to how to manage this task. Any help would be gratefully accepted.
 Thank You
Kerry

Re: recipe book

Kirk Fraser
Kerry,

If you would like to access your recipes by various tags like major ingredients, characteristics like carbohydrates, protein content or low salt, calories per ounce, what meal they are for breakfast, lunch, dinner, then you can define a Dictionary or OrderedCollection to hold the scanned file names and their tags, then you can write a an access program to search the list for the tags you are looking for.  Then you can write a custom interface.   Depending on the size of your scanned recipe collection, you can read them in to your dictionary directly and keep them in the Squeak image.