release tidbits

Chris Muller-3
Yesterday was the 1-year anniversary of the loss of Andreas.  I'd like
to put a dedication to his memory at the [top | bottom | you-suggest]
of the welcome workspace.

I think it'd be nice for this release to open with a clean desktop;
with only the docking bar showing.  Even the newest users will quickly
understand, with Squeak they're in the drivers seat, but not lost
because they'll see "Help" on the docking bar.

We need a code-name for this release and looking for suggestions.  I
thought about "Theodor" before I thought of the dedication.

Re: release tidbits

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 03:02:56PM -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> Yesterday was the 1-year anniversary of the loss of Andreas.  I'd like
> to put a dedication to his memory at the [top | bottom | you-suggest]
> of the welcome workspace.

+1

I like this idea a lot.

> I think it'd be nice for this release to open with a clean desktop;
> with only the docking bar showing.  Even the newest users will quickly
> understand, with Squeak they're in the drivers seat, but not lost
> because they'll see "Help" on the docking bar.
>
> We need a code-name for this release and looking for suggestions.  I
> thought about "Theodor" before I thought of the dedication.

Theodor. Perfect. That has a very nice ring to it.

And I like the idea that Theodor Raab will someday learn that he was
famous at a very early age :-)

Thanks for thinking of this.

Dave