save a project in std format?

Randy Heiland
Can someone refresh my memory - is it possible to save a multi-page
proj in some standard format - powerpoint, pdf, etc?  If not, any
other suggestions other than manually doing screen captures?

To my amazement, I was still able to display this project from some
years back in a recent etoys browser plugin and would like to get a
backup in another format:
http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://sda.iu.edu/K-12/math-model-nature.045.pr

thanks, Randy

Re: save a project in std format?

Bert Freudenberg
On 12.06.2009, at 19:55, Randy Heiland wrote:

> Can someone refresh my memory - is it possible to save a multi-page
> proj in some standard format - powerpoint, pdf, etc?  If not, any
> other suggestions other than manually doing screen captures?

There used to be an option to export all pages as bitmap files. Not
sure where that option went. But if you get a Smalltalk inspector to
open on the book you can do this:

self firstPage.
1 to: 28 do: [:i |
PNGReadWriter putForm: self imageForm
onFileNamed: 'Book', i asString, '.png'. self nextPage]

which creates screenshots of all pages. I did that, will send a zip
separately.

> To my amazement, I was still able to display this project from some
> years back in a recent etoys browser plugin

Well, we try to maintain backwards-compatibility. If you find an
project created in an old Squeakland image and it does not work, we
consider this to be a bug. In most cases we can still "rescue" it with
some effort.

> and would like to get a backup in another format:
> http://squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://sda.iu.edu/K-12/math-model-nature.045.pr

Nice project indeed :)

- Bert -