saving squeak projects - a bit of troubleshooting needed

1 message Options

saving squeak projects - a bit of troubleshooting needed

David wells-3
I'm a technology teacher in a K-8 school in Chicago, and am teaching
Squeak to a bunch of 4th- 8th graders right now.  Has anyone else had
any difficulties getting kids to save their projects to an outside
server?  My students are able to successfully publish their projects
about 90% of the time, but it's the other ten percent that's the
killer - when they open their previously saved projects, they get
nothing but an error message and advice that they should probably
click "abandon".  As of now, most kids understand that the program is
on the experimental side, and are willing to start over again, but I
can see frustrations mounting as the projects get more complex.

A related question:  once a project is published using the "publish
to a different server" option, is there any simple one-click option
to save the updated version to the same location?  Or do they have to
click on "publish to a different server" again and re-select their
folder on the server?

Thanks for any help in answering these -

David Wells

ps. We are running Squeak on iMacs that are using OS 10.2 or 10.3,
and saving to a G4 file server, if that helps at all.