scripting

1 message Options

scripting

David Faught
The more I think about it, the more it seems that the in-island text
editing part of this:
https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/arc/croquet-dev/2007-12/msg00020.html
is a lot like the replicated Browser talking to off-island
TEmbeddableApps proposed here:
https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/arc/croquet-dev/2007-08/msg00025.html
This seems to be a good area to explore for the moment.

Just to voice something I seem to keep running into, I have to say
that I'm a little disappointed with this approach.  I guess that
historically, Tweak was really built as an improvement over EToys
and/or Morphic, and Croquet came later.  So I understand somewhat why
Tweak and Croquet aren't as compatible as might be desirable.  It just
seems that there could be such a cool product of using Tweak projects
in-island.  I've been playing a bit with Alice (http://www.alice.org)
and dreaming of the benefits of collaborative tile-based programming
with a progression to text-based code as more experience is gained.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep dreaming.