second call for release team volunteers

ccrraaiigg

Hi all--

     I made a call for release team volunteers on 2006-10-06. So far
there have been... zero volunteers. :)  If you've held off volunteering
because you were wondering who else might volunteer, please just
volunteer. :)  The board decided at its 2006-11-01 meeting that the
timeout for release team volunteers after the first call will be two
months (some thought one month wasn't long enough). So, we intend to
decide who the release team is by the end of the 2006-12-06 board meeting.

     There seems to be a very real possibility that we will still have
no volunteers at that point. We decided that, if that happens, we will
cancel the 3.10 release and move on to 4.0. Apart from being merely
pragmatic, this might motivate a few people :).

     On behalf of the board, thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta
http://netjam.org/resume

Re: second call for release team volunteers

Edgar J. De Cleene
Craig Latta puso en su mail :

> Hi all--
>
>      I made a call for release team volunteers on 2006-10-06. So far
> there have been... zero volunteers. :)  If you've held off volunteering
> because you were wondering who else might volunteer, please just
> volunteer. :)  The board decided at its 2006-11-01 meeting that the
> timeout for release team volunteers after the first call will be two
> months (some thought one month wasn't long enough). So, we intend to
> decide who the release team is by the end of the 2006-12-06 board meeting.
>
>      There seems to be a very real possibility that we will still have
> no volunteers at that point. We decided that, if that happens, we will
> cancel the 3.10 release and move on to 4.0. Apart from being merely
> pragmatic, this might motivate a few people :).
>
>      On behalf of the board, thanks!

Well , I should repeat what I send before (and maybe was losted).
Count me for work on improve Squeak , if you think I could help.
Send any pertinent directives to my mail or remember if I should join some
list.
By the way, the morphic list seems dead, as I send some related to Etoys
removal/load again and no responses.

Edgar

Correo Yahoo!

Re: second call for release team volunteers

Bert Freudenberg
Am 04.11.2006 um 10:16 schrieb Edgar J. De Cleene:

> Craig Latta puso en su mail :
>

>> Hi all--
>>
>>      I made a call for release team volunteers on 2006-10-06. So far
>> there have been... zero volunteers. :)  If you've held off
>> volunteering
>> because you were wondering who else might volunteer, please just
>> volunteer. :)  The board decided at its 2006-11-01 meeting that the
>> timeout for release team volunteers after the first call will be two
>> months (some thought one month wasn't long enough). So, we intend to
>> decide who the release team is by the end of the 2006-12-06 board
>> meeting.
>>
>>      There seems to be a very real possibility that we will still
>> have
>> no volunteers at that point. We decided that, if that happens, we
>> will
>> cancel the 3.10 release and move on to 4.0. Apart from being merely
>> pragmatic, this might motivate a few people :).
>>
>>      On behalf of the board, thanks!
>
> Well , I should repeat what I send before (and maybe was losted).
> Count me for work on improve Squeak , if you think I could help.
> Send any pertinent directives to my mail or remember if I should
> join some
> list.

This wasn't a call about general contribution, but about people
willing to work on the actual release - that is, preparing the next
official image / packages / update stream / universe or whatever is
needed. The details of how this happens should be proposed by the
release team and approved by the board.

- Bert -