seeing other objects

Woo 우한림
Hello everyone,

I want to ask if we can program the objects
to see each other. There is already a feature
as "moveTowardto" but I want to compute the
movement of the object, and i want it to see the
other objects as robots.

It's like a robot can see the ball, approach it perceiving
to the post position. And also it sees the other robot
and move according to the movement of the other player.

I think this is the way to the AI programming.
If we can manage the objects see each other (i mean
knowing the x-y-position and object type) we can
program them as realworld objects.

Thanks for helping,
---
우한림
雨韓林

Re: seeing other objects

Markus Gälli-3
Dear Woo,

deaf, dumb and blind - that is what objects are currently. I very
much agree.
I have learned that people teach oo by blindfolding the pupils to
simulate objects - maybe we better introduce sensors to objects than
removing them of the pupils... ;-)

So one answer is to look at kedama, where the turtles can sniff for
high degrees of pheromones in their surroundings and change their
heading towards the highest concentration.
See the tutorials of kedama on
http://www.squeakland.org/fun_projects/kedama/kedma_welcome.htm

I did a small extension for etoys once and gave them some sniffing
ability:

http://www.squeakland.org/project.jsp?http://www.emergent.de/pub/
smalltalk/squeak/projects/sniffer.003.pr

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Markus