sending an email programmatically

sergio t. ruiz

i am peeking around in the smalltalk libraries, and can't figure out
how to quickly send an email programmatically...

so far, i really like the idea of smalltalk, but it seems to be taking
me a very long time to even start thinking about maybe being
production with it..

am i just missing some huge "smalltalk cookbook" somewhere?

thanks!

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

Re: sending an email programmatically

Tapple Gao
On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 03:45:04PM -0500, sergio wrote:

> i am peeking around in the smalltalk libraries, and can't figure out
> how to quickly send an email programmatically...
>
> so far, i really like the idea of smalltalk, but it seems to be taking
> me a very long time to even start thinking about maybe being
> production with it..
>
> am i just missing some huge "smalltalk cookbook" somewhere?

If you are using Seaside, SeasidePlatformSupport has something
to do that.

Otherwise, you need to specify an SMTP server, then you can use
SMTPClient