setting the font in a System Browser

Mark Volkmann
The font dialog only lists a small number of fonts starting with Accuat and ending with ComicSansMS. How can I get to fonts that come after that alphabetically?

---
Mark Volkmann

Re: setting the font in a System Browser

David Mitchell-10
I've seen on the Squeak Map feed that a new font chooser is coming, so
that will help.

In my image, the top of the menu shows Page Up and Page Down menu choices.

Honestly, I use a script to set my font preferences. Here is a sample
one-liner that sets a single preference:

        Preferences setDefaultFonts: #((#setSystemFontTo: 'Comic Sans MS' 8))

Here is an elaboration on that (written as a class extension to
Preferences that I can manage with Monticello):

setDmmFonts
        "
        Preferences setDmmFonts
        "
        | face size selectors triplets |
        face := 'Bitstream Vera Sans'.
        size := 8.
        selectors := #(
                setSystemFontTo:
                setListFontTo:
                setFlapsFontTo:
                setEToysFontTo:
                setPaintBoxButtonFontTo:
                setMenuFontTo:
                setWindowTitleFontTo:
                setBalloonHelpFontTo:
                setCodeFontTo:
                setButtonFontTo: ).
        triplets := selectors collect: [:selector | Array with: selector
with: face with: size].
        self setDefaultFonts: triplets

Note, I called it Dmm fonts because those are my initials. The comment
makes it easy to click on the line and press do-it to update the font
choices.

On 8/10/07, Mark Volkmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The font dialog only lists a small number of fonts starting with Accuat and
> ending with ComicSansMS. How can I get to fonts that come after that
> alphabetically?
>
> ---
> Mark Volkmann

Re: setting the font in a System Browser

Brad Fuller-2
On Fri August 10 2007 12:19 pm, Mark Volkmann wrote:
> The font dialog only lists a small number of fonts starting with
> Accuat and ending with ComicSansMS. How can I get to fonts that come
> after that alphabetically?

Good question, the 3.10 dev image (Beta #7130), does the same thing. This is
similar to what I reported with Andrew's FT2Plugin.

Is this a bug?

brad