should Les rename a bright sky box by ROV name

should Les rename a bright sky box by ROV name

Paul Sheldon-2
Would not any other name by a ROV be even more sweet?

;-)

I reread and tomorrow I may make experimental copy and rename day skies like the ROV dark cobalt blue and just see what happens.

If my understanding is wrong, I will delete the copy folder of cobalt.

Re: should Les rename a bright sky box by ROV name

Les Howell
On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 21:54 -0700, PAUL SHELDON wrote:
> Would not any other name by a ROV be even more sweet?
>
> ;-)
>
> I reread and tomorrow I may make experimental copy and rename day skies like the ROV dark cobalt blue and just see what happens.
>
> If my understanding is wrong, I will delete the copy folder of cobalt.
I did not explain my issue fully... The real problem is the dark
background of the menu's.  That gray color reduced the contrast.  I
looked for a preferences menu to change the color, but couldn't find it.
I looked at the menu stuff in the Cobalt initialize, and didn't see
anywhere to set the color of the menu background.  I don't see anywhere
that the color is mentioned, nor is there a .cobalt or .croquet file in
my personal directory (a hidden directory under Linuxes for storing
personal setup information for an application.

        With the dark color, small text font, and no apparent way to change
either of these attributes in my personal preferences, the application
is not "User Friendly", and very difficult to use or browse the places.
Menu backgrounds are very important, and folks with limited vision or
specific color losses need to be able to adjust the access points for
best use.  Moreover, it should be "global" in the sense that all text
driven items will change with the setting for that user.  This makes the
system more capable for the seeing impaired, and more adaptable for
others with different aesthetic tastes as well.  And while I know that
this is still in development, setting the standard now will reduce
recoding later.  And as I said in an earlier message, the user
preferences should be set by a local file in the users home directory to
affect only that one user's experience.

Regards,
Les H