siliconsqueak?

Dave Crossland

Re: siliconsqueak?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr
Dave Crossland asked on Mon, 25 Apr 2016 00:54:15 -0400
> What happened to siliconsqueak.org? :)
> http://web.archive.org/web/20160213013044/http://siliconsqueak.org/

I supplied most of the content of a previous version of that site (sadly
archive.org is not good at saving pages in Pier, a content management
system that runs on top of Seaside, which is a web application system
that runs on top of Squeak):

http://web.archive.org/web/20130524172457/http://www.siliconsqueak.org/

Though this text is rather outdated, it is still the best description of
SiliconSqueak so far:

http://www.merlintec.com/download/jecel_phd_deposited.pdf

The corresponding Prezi presentation is (but don't expect it to be
understandable without a narration):

> https://prezi.com/yhw-a3i0rnri/adaptive-compilation-for-an-object-oriented-and-reconfigurab/

I think this is a very advanced topic rather than a begginers one.

-- Jecel

Re: siliconsqueak?

Dave Crossland

On 26 April 2016 at 17:56, Jecel Assumpcao Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think this is a very advanced topic rather than a begginers one.

hahaha but beginners may be interested in history :)

Re: siliconsqueak?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr
Dave Crossland wrote on Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:03:36 -0400
> On 26 April 2016 at 17:56, Jecel Assumpcao Jr. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I think this is a very advanced topic rather than a begginers one.
>

> hahaha but beginners may be interested in history :)

I would be happy to answer any questions about the history of Squeak,
Etoys, Smalltalk and related systems. And I have stuff to say about the
future as well.

My point was that SiliconSqueak, the hardware implementation of the
Squeak virtual machine, would be an advanced topic even for the main
squeak-dev list and probably would only be of interest to the vm-dev
list.

Having said that, I gave a presentation about it at the SqueakFest 2009
in Brazil where the audience was mostly non technical teachers. Except
for a couple of slides with technical details, the rest of the talk was
probably something they could understand.

-- Jecel