size of palette in OLPC version

Randy Heiland
Is the "reduced" size of the painting palette in the OLPC etoys, i.e.
it takes up only a portion of the OLPC window, the expected size?  Or
does it have to do with my OS, or display resolution (didn't seem
to), or something else?  It seems unusually constraining.  If you
need a visual, I uploaded a window capture to:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heiland/sets/72157601674199558/

thanks, Randy

Re: size of palette in OLPC version

Randy Heiland
Let me reply to my own post (and apologize if people that replied got
a 'mailbox full' type message :).  I think, after playing with this a
bit, that I "get it" and actually like it this way.  It forces a user
to keep their sketches on the smaller-to-medium size, which is a good
thing.

-Randy

On Aug 26, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Randy Heiland wrote:

> Is the "reduced" size of the painting palette in the OLPC etoys,
> i.e. it takes up only a portion of the OLPC window, the expected
> size?  Or does it have to do with my OS, or display resolution
> (didn't seem to), or something else?  It seems unusually
> constraining.  If you need a visual, I uploaded a window capture to:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/heiland/sets/72157601674199558/
>
> thanks, Randy

Re: size of palette in OLPC version

Alan Kay
Hi Randy --

You can set a preference to paint full screen. This has always been
there, it's just that we set limited paint area option for the OLPC release.

Cheers,

Alan