smalltalkCI Trunk broken: vmParameterAt:put: failed

12

Re: smalltalkCI Trunk broken: vmParameterAt:put: failed

Eliot Miranda-2

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 3:15 PM Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:10 PM Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:
That fixed the setup phase, thank you again!

Now the same builds are red because of ModificationForbidden. But that
is something I must worry about.

Note that it halted the build instead of just failing the affected
test cases, should it be that way?

This might also be the reason why 64bit trunk is currently broken:

Are immutable literals limited to 64bit or why doesn't this seem to affect 32bit?

It should apply to both but is the 32-bit image being built with read-only literals yet?  We should check...

Fabio

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: smalltalkCI Trunk broken: vmParameterAt:put: failed

Jakob Reschke
My 32 bit trunk builds fail for the same reason as the 64 bit ones. So ModificationForbidden in general also appears in 32 bits.

Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 26. März 2020, 23:15:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:10 PM Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:
That fixed the setup phase, thank you again!

Now the same builds are red because of ModificationForbidden. But that
is something I must worry about.

Note that it halted the build instead of just failing the affected
test cases, should it be that way?

This might also be the reason why 64bit trunk is currently broken:

Are immutable literals limited to 64bit or why doesn't this seem to affect 32bit?

Fabio

Am Do., 26. März 2020 um 11:23 Uhr schrieb Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]>:

> Here you go: https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/commit/e057947e56e52eb522379b21c64ffac961dcf533
>
> @Jakob: Please restart your builds and let me know if this fixes the issue on your end.
>
> Cheers,
> Fabio
>

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 10:24 PM Fabio Niephaus <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> > Thank you :-)
>> > Is the process what needs to be done described somewhere?
>>
>> No, not really. But the source is at [1], the VMs are hosted on GitHub [2].
>>
>> Fabio
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/blob/13fd88bfd4940a112df245195bca2837093944ce/squeak/run.sh#L143
>> [2] https://github.com/hpi-swa/smalltalkCI/releases/tag/v2.8.4

Re: smalltalkCI Trunk broken: vmParameterAt:put: failed

fniephaus

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 7:41 AM Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> wrote:
My 32 bit trunk builds fail for the same reason as the 64 bit ones. So ModificationForbidden in general also appears in 32 bits.

Good to know. If you have ideas how to make smalltalkCI more bullet-proof, let me know!

Fabio