source squeak org down

Nicolas Cellier

Re: source squeak org down

Nicolas Cellier
It seem up again yet and faster

Re: source squeak org down

Chris Muller-3
Sorry, I'm working on it.  Please bear with me.

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Nicolas Cellier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> It seem up again yet and faster
>

> 2013/11/4 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
>>
>> It seems really down this time
>> http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/source.squeak.org

Re: source squeak org down

Nicolas Cellier
OK, thanks Chris

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seem up again yet and faster
>

> 2013/11/4 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
>>
>> It seems really down this time
>> http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/source.squeak.org

Re: source squeak org down

Chris Muller-4
he cause of the slowness we've been seeing the last few days was some runaway seaside client Process in the image.  It was busy rendering HTML on the difference between two different versions of 45Deprecated-fbs.8 (with two different UUID's) but, somehow, had itself caught in an endless loop that was sucking resources and causing the image to grow by about 20MB / day.

The process is killed and the image shrank from 150MB+ to 35MB and seems healthy again.

I've restarted it on squeak.org, but I'm afraid I did not start it properly. I've left a note for Ken asking for help, but at least it's accessible in the meantime.

It might go down again briefly in the near future if we have to restart it again.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seem up again yet and faster
>

> 2013/11/4 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>
>>
>> It seems really down this time
>> http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/source.squeak.org

Re: source squeak org down

Jeff Gonis-2
On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
he cause of the slowness we've been seeing the last few days was some runaway seaside client Process in the image.  It was busy rendering HTML on the difference between two different versions of 45Deprecated-fbs.8 (with two different UUID's) but, somehow, had itself caught in an endless loop that was sucking resources and causing the image to grow by about 20MB / day.

The process is killed and the image shrank from 150MB+ to 35MB and seems healthy again.

I've restarted it on squeak.org, but I'm afraid I did not start it properly. I've left a note for Ken asking for help, but at least it's accessible in the meantime.

It might go down again briefly in the near future if we have to restart it again.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

No need to apologize Chris, you've worked to find the cause, hopefully fixed it and helped the community. Instead, let me extend my thanks for your efforts.  Bravo!