source.squeak.org is back up

Chris Muller-4
Tobias and I just completed the server upgrade for source.squeak.org.

Everything looks fine, but please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Re: source.squeak.org is back up

Nicolas Cellier
I've ediited the configuration update-pre.394.mcm which had a nil repository, but maybe it's got nothing to do with infrastructure change...
And I wanted to add my own configuration update-nice-395.mcm

Unfortunately, it looks like MCM browser save button does not upload anything on server.

Tobias and I just completed the server upgrade for source.squeak.org.

Everything looks fine, but please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Re: source.squeak.org is back up

Tobias Pape
Hi,

On 21.10.2016, at 20:28, Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've ediited the configuration update-pre.394.mcm which had a nil repository, but maybe it's got nothing to do with infrastructure change...
> And I wanted to add my own configuration update-nice-395.mcm
>
> Unfortunately, it looks like MCM browser save button does not upload anything on server.

The front-server (alan) looks good. And also squeaksource's log said that the put worked.
Chris, can you look whether you see something in the image?

Best regards
        -Tobias

Re: source.squeak.org is back up

Chris Muller-3

Yes.

Re: source.squeak.org is back up

Chris Muller-3
None of the MCConfigs' got their "repository" variable populated in
the conversion to the new image, I think because the class-schema
changed and SqueakSource code uses ReferenceStream instead of
SmartRefStream.

So, I'm going to try exporting/importing with SmartRefStream and
restart the server.

I'll keep you posted.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Chris, can you look whether you see something in the image?
>
> Yes.

Re: source.squeak.org is back up

Chris Muller-3
Okay, back up.  Your configs should be good now Nicolas.  Please let
me know if you notice any other issues.

 - Chris

PS -- There is something wrong with SmartRefStream, it could not get
the object out of the old 3.11 image and into the new 5.1-based image,
even with Bert's new enhancement, which did get it working with
ReferenceStream.  But since the schema changed, we couldn't use
ReferenceStream.  So, I actually had to load an old version of Ma
Serializer in that image to export it, along with some hacking.  Ugh.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> None of the MCConfigs' got their "repository" variable populated in
> the conversion to the new image, I think because the class-schema
> changed and SqueakSource code uses ReferenceStream instead of
> SmartRefStream.
>
> So, I'm going to try exporting/importing with SmartRefStream and
> restart the server.
>
> I'll keep you posted.
>

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Chris, can you look whether you see something in the image?
>>
>> Yes.

Re: source.squeak.org is back up

Nicolas Cellier
Thanks, seems OK by now.