squeak and midi on linux [SOLVED]

Cesare Marilungo
I just wanted to tell you that I've finally managed to do what I need.

I can make squeak talk to PureData via OSC and control other MIDI apps
from there. Anyway one of the most interesting uses of squeak (and
music) I can think about is to make GUIs and front-ends for PureData
patches.

c.
www.cesaremarilungo.com

Re: squeak and midi on linux [SOLVED]

Markus Gälli-3
Hi Cesare,

sorry, I missed your earlier post.
Glad that you discovered OSC, let me know if you have any problems
with - or enhancements for it.
(No Blobs, bundles and timetags supported yet)

On Mar 22, 2006, at 7:32 PM, Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> I just wanted to tell you that I've finally managed to do what I need.
>
> I can make squeak talk to PureData via OSC and control other MIDI
> apps from there. Anyway one of the most interesting uses of squeak
> (and music) I can think about is to make GUIs and front-ends for
> PureData patches.

Go go go... :-) What I'd actually love to see is EToys connected to
PureData.

Cheers,

Markus