[squeak-dev] [ANN] 3.9.1 7075 final is out

[squeak-dev] [ANN] 3.9.1 7075 final is out

stephane ducasse
Hi all

I fixed a little glitch (removed an obsolete reference to OB).
So now 3.9.1 is final and out. I hope that it will help people
creating cool
applications in Squeak. I put two zipped files on the ftp:
        3.9.1 (image/changes)
        3.9.1 with sources (image/changes/sources)

Would it be possible that the 3.9.1 version is used on the web site
instead of 3.9.
Damien could you also use it for your excellent squeak-dev images?

Thanks

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] 3.9.1 7075 final is out

Lukas Renggli
>  I fixed a little glitch (removed an obsolete reference to OB).
>  So now 3.9.1 is final and out. I hope that it will help people
>  creating cool
>  applications in Squeak. I put two zipped files on the ftp:
>         3.9.1 (image/changes)
>         3.9.1 with sources (image/changes/sources)

Thanks Stef for your work. I will adapt 3.9.1 for all my work.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] 3.9.1 7075 final is out

Sophie424
"stephane ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote

> So now 3.9.1 is final and out.

Thank you, Stef.

If Installer is becoming commonly used to maintain/customize images, then
shared installer scripts will be a really nice way to share images. Would be
great if there was a shared Installer script on SqueakSource for Damien's
dev/web images, or for Lukas' cutting-edge-tools images.

I know how much Ramon's ready image helped me get started!

Sophie

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] 3.9.1 7075 final is out

stephane ducasse
Yes!
I'm currently leanring and playing with installer. I want to use it
for another project.
I think that it provides a good interface as a start.
Stef

On Mar 3, 2008, at 12:08 AM, itsme213 wrote:

> "stephane ducasse" <[hidden email]> wrote
>
>> So now 3.9.1 is final and out.
>
> Thank you, Stef.
>
> If Installer is becoming commonly used to maintain/customize images,
> then
> shared installer scripts will be a really nice way to share images.
> Would be
> great if there was a shared Installer script on SqueakSource for
> Damien's
> dev/web images, or for Lukas' cutting-edge-tools images.
>
> I know how much Ramon's ready image helped me get started!
>
> Sophie

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] 3.9.1 7075 final is out

Philippe Marschall
2008/3/2, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all
>
>  I fixed a little glitch (removed an obsolete reference to OB).
>  So now 3.9.1 is final and out. I hope that it will help people
>  creating cool
>  applications in Squeak. I put two zipped files on the ftp:
>         3.9.1 (image/changes)
>         3.9.1 with sources (image/changes/sources)
>
>  Would it be possible that the 3.9.1 version is used on the web site
>  instead of 3.9.
>  Damien could you also use it for your excellent squeak-dev images?

I have some strange behavior with Seaside and Semaphores. If I load
Seaside and start Kom everything works normal. When I start and quit
the image and then start it again Kom does not work anywore although a
Kom process is still there. I need to signal it's Semaphore so that
Seaside works again. Do other people observe the same behavior?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] 3.9.1 7075 final is out

Janko Mivšek
Hi Philippe,

Philippe Marschall wrote:

> I have some strange behavior with Seaside and Semaphores. If I load
> Seaside and start Kom everything works normal. When I start and quit
> the image and then start it again Kom does not work anywore although a
> Kom process is still there. I need to signal it's Semaphore so that
> Seaside works again. Do other people observe the same behavior?

I just checked that on Swazoo on latest Damien's squeak-web, which is
already built on 3.9.1 and it Swazoo auto-starts without a problem after
image restart. But Swazoo probably uses semaphores differently than Kom,
so that your problem not occur here.

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] 3.9.1 7075 final is out

cedreek
> Do other people observe the same behavior?

I think I observed that too in Damien's images wether it's on 3.9,
3.9.1 or 3.10. I actually thought they was a change that close all
connection at shutdown....

Cheers,

Cédrick