[squeak-dev] [ANN] BabyIDE alpha version released

[squeak-dev] [ANN] BabyIDE alpha version released

Trygve
A new version of BabyIDE with code and documentation is now released. I call it an alpha version because it has been used for programming a few examples and seems pretty stable.

BabyIDE is an integrated development environment for separating the code for system state from the code for system behavior. This environment consists of multiple, layered browsers for working with a program as seen in several perspectives such as:
    D for DATA; the domain classes as they specify system state
    C for CONTEXT; classes that implement system operations in a network of collaborating Roles
    I for Interaction; the code that drives this collaboration

You find all details in the DCI home page
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/themes/babyide/babyide-index.html

The Downloads section includes a Squeak image with BabyIDE itself and three example programs. You can also install BabyIDE in your favorite image from SqueakMap and you can file in the examples from the Downloads section.

Two documents are good starting points if you are new to BabyIDE and DCI. They are posted in the Documentation section:

An overview document: "The DCI Architecture:
    A New Vision of Object-Oriented Programming" (14pp)
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/2009/dci_vision.html
The currently most complete description, including example details:
    "The Common Sense of Object Oriented Programming" (74pp)
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/2009/commonsense.pdf

Try BabyIDE to work with your favorite package!
Write your own programs using the DCI paradigm!

Enjoy
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: [hidden email]

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] BabyIDE alpha version released

Janko Mivšek
Hi Trygve,

Does this Artima article also count as a valid description of your
approach? http://www.artima.com/articles/dci_vision.html

Best regards
Janko

Trygve Reenskaug pravi: