[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak by Example second edition is out

[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak by Example second edition is out

stephane ducasse
Hi

We are happy to announce a second edition of our book. It fixes a lot
of glitches and typos.

        http://www.squeakbyexample.org

So now you can really buy it :)

Stef on the behalf of the authors

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak by Example second edition is out

askoh
Administrator
Thanks for a wonderful book on Squeak.

The book discourages the use of Shared variables like Pool variables,
Class variables and Global variables. But it doesn't show how to avoid
them or when is the right time to use them. Specifically for me, when and
how to use or not to use Pool variables.

Thanks again,
Aik-Siong

> Hi
>
> We are happy to announce a second edition of our book. It fixes a lot
> of glitches and typos.
>
> http://www.squeakbyexample.org
>
> So now you can really buy it :)
>
> Stef on the behalf of the authors

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak by Example second edition is out

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez
stephane ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are happy to announce a second edition of our book. It fixes a lot of
> glitches and typos.
>
>     http://www.squeakbyexample.org
>
> So now you can really buy it :)
>
> Stef on the behalf of the authors

The first edition was my first introduction to Squeak. It was very
helpful and I am sure this one will be a lot more helpful for newcommers.

Thank you very much to the team involved in the writing of the book.

Miguel Cobá

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak by Example second edition is out

Vladimir Pogorelenko
This book is really good, because it's simple and well structured and
have a good typographic design.

I've quickly found the squeak specific things I'm interested in which
are Morphic, Monticello management and other specific stuff.

Also it's a good material to teach students interested in smalltalk
and no one needs to reinvent the lectures anymore. :-)

Thanks to the authors.

> Hi
>
> We are happy to announce a second edition of our book. It fixes a
> lot of glitches and typos.
>
> http://www.squeakbyexample.org
>
> So now you can really buy it :)
>
> Stef on the behalf of the authors

Re: [squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak by Example second edition is out

stephane ducasse
Thanks.
We will start working on the volume two. :)

Stef