[squeak-dev] About MultiByteFileStream corrections at Mantis 6086

1 message Options

[squeak-dev] About MultiByteFileStream corrections at Mantis 6086

Nicolas Cellier
I was reviewing some of the changes in Mantis and found
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6086

That is yet far better than previous implementation, but I still
wonder about the logic:

wantsLineEndConversion: aBoolean
        wantsLineEndConversion :=  aBoolean.
        lineEndConvention ifNil: [ self detectLineEndConvention ].

Why to detectLineEndConvention if user explicitely asked
wantsLineEndConversion: false?
Of course, since wantsLineEndConversion is false by default, most
senders will use with aBoolean = true.
But then why providing an argument at all?

Nicolas