[squeak-dev] Accented character input in Linux

[squeak-dev] Accented character input in Linux

Bert Freudenberg
Folks,

this repeatedly came up on the Newbies list, but maybe reposting it
here will expedite inclusion in a release :) See below.

- Bert -

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
> Datum: 21. August 2008 14:17:12 MESZ
> An: "A friendly place to get answers to even the most basic
> questions about Squeak." <[hidden email]>
> Betreff: Re: [Newbies] accented characters + squeak
> Antwort an: "A friendly place to get answers to even the most basic
> questions about Squeak." <[hidden email]>
>
> Am 21.08.2008 um 10:14 schrieb Hervé Darce:
>
>> The image etoys.image  allows me to enter accented characters
>> correctly. Thus, the problem is this image https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/5550/sq3.10.2-7179web08.08.1.zip
>> .
>> Thanks, now I know that accented characters on the keyboard can be
>> used by squeak.
>>
>> So how to solve the problem of my first image?
>

> You need to apply some fixes:
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2008-July/004656.html
>
> They were reported to work (see that thread).
>
> I asked the last guy who ran into this to report it on http://bugs.squeak.org/
>  along with the fixes, but I'm not sure he did. So I do not know
> when it will be folded into a Squeak release.
>
> - Bert -

[squeak-dev] Re: Accented character input in Linux

Nicolas Cellier-3
Thank you Bert,

However, could you also indicate where to download UTF32InputInterpreter
class?
It's not in a 3.9 nor a 3.10 image.

Nicolas

Bert Freudenberg a écrit :

> Folks,
>
> this repeatedly came up on the Newbies list, but maybe reposting it here
> will expedite inclusion in a release :) See below.
>
> - Bert -
>
> Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:
>
>> Von: Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
>> Datum: 21. August 2008 14:17:12 MESZ
>> An: "A friendly place to get answers to even the most basic questions
>> about Squeak." <[hidden email]>
>> Betreff: Re: [Newbies] accented characters + squeak
>> Antwort an: "A friendly place to get answers to even the most basic
>> questions about Squeak." <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Am 21.08.2008 um 10:14 schrieb Hervé Darce:
>>
>>> The image etoys.image  allows me to enter accented characters
>>> correctly. Thus, the problem is this image
>>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/5550/sq3.10.2-7179web08.08.1.zip.
>>>
>>> Thanks, now I know that accented characters on the keyboard can be
>>> used by squeak.
>>>
>>> So how to solve the problem of my first image?
>>

>> You need to apply some fixes:
>>
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2008-July/004656.html
>>

>> They were reported to work (see that thread).
>>
>> I asked the last guy who ran into this to report it on
>> http://bugs.squeak.org/ along with the fixes, but I'm not sure he did.
>> So I do not know when it will be folded into a Squeak release.
>>
>> - Bert -

[squeak-dev] Re: Accented character input in Linux

Nicolas Cellier-3
Sorry, case of blindness,

all is in provided links

http://tinlizzie.org/updates/etoys/updates/1713UnicodeInput1-yo.cs
http://tinlizzie.org/updates/etoys/updates/1714UnicodeInput2-yo.cs
http://tinlizzie.org/updates/etoys/updates/1925unixLatin1Input-yo.cs
http://tinlizzie.org/updates/etoys/updates/1935unicodeFallback-bf.cs

Cheers

Nicolas

nicolas cellier a écrit :

> Thank you Bert,
>
> However, could you also indicate where to download UTF32InputInterpreter
> class?
> It's not in a 3.9 nor a 3.10 image.
>
> Nicolas
>
> Bert Freudenberg a écrit :
>> Folks,
>>
>> this repeatedly came up on the Newbies list, but maybe reposting it
>> here will expedite inclusion in a release :) See below.
>>
>> - Bert -
>>
>> Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

>>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2008-July/004656.html

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Accented character input in Linux

Bert Freudenberg

Am 21.08.2008 um 15:08 schrieb nicolas cellier:

Yep :)

- Bert -

> nicolas cellier a écrit :
>> Thank you Bert,
>> However, could you also indicate where to download
>> UTF32InputInterpreter class?
>> It's not in a 3.9 nor a 3.10 image.
>> Nicolas
>> Bert Freudenberg a écrit :
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> this repeatedly came up on the Newbies list, but maybe reposting
>>> it here will expedite inclusion in a release :) See below.
>>>
>>> - Bert -
>>>
>>> Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

[squeak-dev] Re: Accented character input in Linux

Nicolas Cellier-3
I noticed a few differences between OLPC versions and 3.10 version for
some ParagraphEditor methods in 1713UnicodeInput1-yo.1.cs and in
1935unicodeFallback-bf.cs

Since there is a mantis report for windows version at
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7071 , i added a note reporting the
differences there, and uploaded Bert most recent
1925unixLatin1Input-yo.cs and 1935unicodeFallback-bf.cs.

I will try and provide a 3.10 image compatible change set.

Cheers

Nicolas