[squeak-dev] Algernon + OB Package Browser

[squeak-dev] Algernon + OB Package Browser

Mariano Martinez Peck
 Hi everybody!  can someone tell how can I tell Algernon to use my default class browser (OB Package Browser)  ? It is using system browser when I actually have OB Package Browser as default.

Is this OK ? should Algernon use my default class browser ?

Any help?

thanks,

Mariano

RE: [squeak-dev] Algernon + OB Package Browser

Ramon Leon-5

>  Hi everybody!  can someone tell how can I tell Algernon to
> use my default class browser (OB Package Browser)  ? It is
> using system browser when I actually have OB Package Browser
> as default.
>
> Is this OK ? should Algernon use my default class browser ?
>
> Any help?
>
> thanks,
>
> Mariano

It doesn't bother looking at the default browser, it just launches the
system browser directly.

See the class Algertype, #openInExistingBrowser: or #openInNewBrowser: to
see why, but it looks like it'd need a bit of work to work with the OB
Browsers correctly which from a few minutes of trying, don't seem to be
quite compatible with the old browsers.  Maybe someone who knows OB better
could offer a quick solution.

It expects #open to return an instance of the browser which it passes to
three subclasses to react accordingly to class, category, and method
opening.  OB's #open doesn't seem to return the browser instance, nor do the
instances respond to the same messages Algern expects to use to set the
current class, category, or method.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

[squeak-dev] Re: Algernon + OB Package Browser

Zulq Alam-2
Hi Mariano,

This works for me. I think you need the OB-Algernon package.

I have:

Algernon-eh.17
OmniBrowser-dr.432
OB-Algernon-EL.5.mcz (http://source.wiresong.ca/ob/)

Hope this helps.

- Zulq

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

>  Hi everybody!  can someone tell how can I tell Algernon to use my
> default class browser (OB Package Browser)  ? It is using system browser
> when I actually have OB Package Browser as default.
>
> Is this OK ? should Algernon use my default class browser ?
>
> Any help?
>
> thanks,
>
> Mariano

Re: [squeak-dev] Algernon + OB Package Browser

Damien Cassou-3
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 4:39 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Hi everybody!  can someone tell how can I tell Algernon to use my default
> class browser (OB Package Browser)  ? It is using system browser when I
> actually have OB Package Browser as default.
>
> Is this OK ? should Algernon use my default class browser ?

Algernon is integrated into OB for a long time now in squeak-dev
images. See http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/Smalltalk/squeak-dev

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

[squeak-dev] Re: Algernon + OB Package Browser

EstebanLM
Yep, you need OB-Algernon...

On 2008-12-18 06:13:00 -0200, Zulq Alam <[hidden email]> said:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> This works for me. I think you need the OB-Algernon package.
>
> I have:
>
> Algernon-eh.17
> OmniBrowser-dr.432
> OB-Algernon-EL.5.mcz (http://source.wiresong.ca/ob/)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> - Zulq
>
> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>  Hi everybody!  can someone tell how can I tell Algernon to use my
>> default class browser (OB Package Browser)  ? It is using system
>> browser when I actually have OB Package Browser as default.
>>
>> Is this OK ? should Algernon use my default class browser ?
>>
>> Any help?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Mariano

RE: [squeak-dev] Algernon + OB Package Browser

Ramon Leon-5

> Algernon is integrated into OB for a long time now in squeak-dev
> images. See http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/Smalltalk/squeak-dev
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Ah crap, I knew I should have checked the Universe instead of SqueakMap,
wasted a good half hour analyzing an older version of Algernon.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: [squeak-dev] Algernon + OB Package Browser

Mariano Martinez Peck
EXCELENT!!!!!

I am very happy now.

Damien: Is there the idea to put OB-Algernon in pharo dev images?

thanks,

Mariano

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Ramon Leon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Algernon is integrated into OB for a long time now in squeak-dev
> images. See http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/Smalltalk/squeak-dev
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Ah crap, I knew I should have checked the Universe instead of SqueakMap,
wasted a good half hour analyzing an older version of Algernon.

Re: [squeak-dev] Algernon + OB Package Browser

Damien Cassou-3
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:06 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Damien: Is there the idea to put OB-Algernon in pharo dev images?

I've just added it to the list of pending packages:
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Packages. We will have to discuss
about that.

--
Damien Cassou

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Damien: Is there the idea to put OB-Algernon in pharo dev images?

I've just added it to the list of pending packages:
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/Packages. We will have to discuss
about that.

Ok, thanks!

Re: [squeak-dev] Algernon + OB Package Browser

Rob Rothwell
Good luck...I can't get it to work right in pharo0.1-10196dev08.12.3.  It loads, but I can only browse classes.  I can't drill into methods--they just don't show up in the Algernon menu's...

Rob