[squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

[squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

timrowledge
The leadership team would like a private wiki facility. Is anyone
hosting swikis?

tim
Strange OpCodes: DNC: Do Not Collect $200

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Ken Causey-3
Uhm.  Is there some reason not to host this on the community server?

Ken

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 11:42 -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> The leadership team would like a private wiki facility. Is anyone
> hosting swikis?
>
> tim
> Strange OpCodes: DNC: Do Not Collect $200

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Randal L. Schwartz

Ken> Uhm.  Is there some reason not to host this on the community server?

Is there a way to make pages on the community server private?

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 12:21 -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Ken> Uhm.  Is there some reason not to host this on the community server?
>
> Is there a way to make pages on the community server private?

I'm not really sure what we are talking about here.

1. We can host anything we like on the community server so assuming wiki
software exists that fits your needs we can probably run it.

2. I'm not certain but I believe I can add a Swiki to wiki.squeak.org
that has access restrictions.  I'm not a Swiki expert but I believe
something along that line is possible and I'm willing to look into it if
Swiki seems suitable otherwise.

Ken

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

garduino
2008/6/4 Ken Causey <[hidden email]>:
> 2. I'm not certain but I believe I can add a Swiki to wiki.squeak.org
> that has access restrictions.  I'm not a Swiki expert but I believe
> something along that line is possible and I'm willing to look into it if
> Swiki seems suitable otherwise.

Yes, you can setup the swiki security restricting the access only to
identified users.

Cheers.
gsa.

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Bert Freudenberg

On 04.06.2008, at 21:35, Ken Causey wrote:

>> Ken> Uhm.  Is there some reason not to host this on the community
>> server?
>>
>> Is there a way to make pages on the community server private?
>
> I'm not really sure what we are talking about here.
>
> 1. We can host anything we like on the community server so assuming
> wiki
> software exists that fits your needs we can probably run it.
>
> 2. I'm not certain but I believe I can add a Swiki to wiki.squeak.org
> that has access restrictions.  I'm not a Swiki expert but I believe
> something along that line is possible and I'm willing to look into
> it if
> Swiki seems suitable otherwise.

I think "Swiki" was just a generic term. We want a wiki as permanent
scratchboard for some non-public issues. Technology doesn't really
matter, we want to be able to upload stuff easily, but otherwise I'd
say we'd go with whatever minimizes efforts for you.

- Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Janko Mivšek
Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> I think "Swiki" was just a generic term. We want a wiki as permanent
> scratchboard for some non-public issues. Technology doesn't really
> matter, we want to be able to upload stuff easily, but otherwise I'd say
> we'd go with whatever minimizes efforts for you.

Aida/Scribo, a CMS soon to be released in beta has such functionality,
based on existing user/group/security in Aida/Web and here you can set
access rights per page or per whole wiki if you wish. You can also run
many wikis from the same image, some public, some private.

This technology is also a base for new Squeak website proposal:
http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si.

If there is enough interest we can also convert existing Squeak Swiki to
Scribo one, that is, upgrade an existing content to the new technology
the Aida/Scribo provides.

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

garduino
I understand your point. Only a little comment, when I talked of swiki
I was referring to the well know ComSwiki, in which Squeak wiki is
based.

Cheers.

2008/6/5 Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>:

>>> Is there a way to make pages on the community server private?
>>
>> I'm not really sure what we are talking about here.
>>
>> 1. We can host anything we like on the community server so assuming wiki
>> software exists that fits your needs we can probably run it.
>>
>> 2. I'm not certain but I believe I can add a Swiki to wiki.squeak.org
>> that has access restrictions.  I'm not a Swiki expert but I believe
>> something along that line is possible and I'm willing to look into it if
>> Swiki seems suitable otherwise.
>

> I think "Swiki" was just a generic term. We want a wiki as permanent
> scratchboard for some non-public issues. Technology doesn't really matter,
> we want to be able to upload stuff easily, but otherwise I'd say we'd go
> with whatever minimizes efforts for you.
>
> - Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 6/5/08 7:39 AM, "Janko Mivšek" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> If there is enough interest we can also convert existing Squeak Swiki to
> Scribo one, that is, upgrade an existing content to the new technology
> the Aida/Scribo provides.
>
> Janko

This is of interest for many.
I wish a "stupid person" how to .
>From Package Universes, load the necessary for have Aida/Scribo and run a
swiki in minutes.
A 1 2 3 tutorial of how to convert any ComSwiki 1.4 and 1.5 existent swiki
to new.
A way to have the .xml or .html files in external ftp.

All this solved and you win the heart of many here.

Edgar

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

garduino
Hi Edgar:

To install Aida/Scribo and friends, check:
http://scribo.bioskop.fr/wiki/installation-guide.html.

Also is possible with an Installer script (just check the Aida list).

About tools to convert from swiki, I don't know if already exist.

Cheers.
Germán.

El 6/5/08 8:10 AM, "Germán Arduino" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi Edgar:

To install Aida/Scribo and friends,
> check:
http://scribo.bioskop.fr/wiki/installation-guide.html.

Also is
> possible with an Installer script (just check the Aida list).

About tools to
> convert from swiki, I don't know if already exist.

Cheers.
Germán.
Gracias, pero quiero para tontos
Mirando la página seria
Setear el repositorio

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/'
    user: ''
    password: ''

ScriboShout-np.1.mcz
Scribo-np.91.mcz
ScriboPersistence-mu.5.mcz "aqui habla algo de SIXX, eso es necesario? se
instala solo ?"
ScriboPlugins-jm.5.mcz

Ese es el orden ?

Estoy armando SqueakLightII, sin Traits, sin Installer, sin Universes,
quiero probar ahi.

Dentro de un rato me conecto a IRC

Edgas

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

garduino
Hi Edgar:

The installation order is:
SPort
Swazoo
Aida
Scribo
ScriboShout (not mandatory)
ScriboPersistence (not mandatory)
ScriboPlugins (not mandatory)

But, having Installer installed (Is just only one class), you can use
the following script:

Transcript open.
Installer installUrl: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/SPort/Sport-2.031.mcz'.
Installer installUrl: 'http://mc.bioskop.fr/Swazoo/Swazoo-mu.3.mcz'.
Installer installUrl: 'http://mc.bioskop.fr/Aida/Aida5.6-np.49.mcz'.
Installer installUrl: 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/scribo-np.89.mcz'.
Installer installUrl:
'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/scriboshout-np.1.mcz'.
Installer installUrl:
'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/scribopersistence-mu.5.mcz'.
Installer installUrl:
'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/scriboplugins-jm.5.mcz'.

When install script end, in a workspace evaluate:

SwazooAida demoStart.
(AIDASite named: 'aidademo') styleClass: #ScriboStyle; blog; wiki; siteContent.

Then go to your internet broser, point the url:
http://localhost:8888/, login with user: admin and password: password.

Cheers.
Germán.

2008/6/5 Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]>:

> El 6/5/08 8:10 AM, "Germán Arduino" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>> Hi Edgar:
>
> To install Aida/Scribo and friends,
>> check:
> http://scribo.bioskop.fr/wiki/installation-guide.html.
>
> Also is
>> possible with an Installer script (just check the Aida list).
>
> About tools to
>> convert from swiki, I don't know if already exist.
>
> Cheers.
> Germán.
> Gracias, pero quiero para tontos
> Mirando la página seria
> Setear el repositorio
>
> MCHttpRepository
>    location: 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/'
>    user: ''
>    password: ''
>
> ScriboShout-np.1.mcz
> Scribo-np.91.mcz
> ScriboPersistence-mu.5.mcz "aqui habla algo de SIXX, eso es necesario? se
> instala solo ?"
> ScriboPlugins-jm.5.mcz
>

> Ese es el orden ?
>
> Estoy armando SqueakLightII, sin Traits, sin Installer, sin Universes,
> quiero probar ahi.
>
> Dentro de un rato me conecto a IRC
>
> Edgas

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Nicolas Petton
Installer installUrl: 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/wiki/installer.html'
should work too.

Cheers!

Nicolas

Le jeudi 05 juin 2008 à 08:40 -0300, Germán Arduino a écrit :

> Hi Edgar:
>
> The installation order is:
> SPort
> Swazoo
> Aida
> Scribo
> ScriboShout (not mandatory)
> ScriboPersistence (not mandatory)
> ScriboPlugins (not mandatory)
>
> But, having Installer installed (Is just only one class), you can use
> the following script:
>
> Transcript open.
> Installer installUrl: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/SPort/Sport-2.031.mcz'.
> Installer installUrl: 'http://mc.bioskop.fr/Swazoo/Swazoo-mu.3.mcz'.
> Installer installUrl: 'http://mc.bioskop.fr/Aida/Aida5.6-np.49.mcz'.
> Installer installUrl: 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/scribo-np.89.mcz'.
> Installer installUrl:
> 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/scriboshout-np.1.mcz'.
> Installer installUrl:
> 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/scribopersistence-mu.5.mcz'.
> Installer installUrl:
> 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/scriboplugins-jm.5.mcz'.
>

> When install script end, in a workspace evaluate:
>
> SwazooAida demoStart.
> (AIDASite named: 'aidademo') styleClass: #ScriboStyle; blog; wiki; siteContent.
>
> Then go to your internet broser, point the url:
> http://localhost:8888/, login with user: admin and password: password.
>

> Cheers.
> Germán.
>

> 2008/6/5 Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]>:
> >

> > El 6/5/08 8:10 AM, "Germán Arduino" <[hidden email]> escribió:
> >
> >> Hi Edgar:
> >
> > To install Aida/Scribo and friends,
> >> check:
> > http://scribo.bioskop.fr/wiki/installation-guide.html.
> >
> > Also is
> >> possible with an Installer script (just check the Aida list).
> >
> > About tools to
> >> convert from swiki, I don't know if already exist.
> >
> > Cheers.
> > Germán.
> > Gracias, pero quiero para tontos
> > Mirando la página seria
> > Setear el repositorio
> >
> > MCHttpRepository
> >    location: 'http://scribo.bioskop.fr/repository/'
> >    user: ''
> >    password: ''
> >
> > ScriboShout-np.1.mcz
> > Scribo-np.91.mcz
> > ScriboPersistence-mu.5.mcz "aqui habla algo de SIXX, eso es necesario? se
> > instala solo ?"
> > ScriboPlugins-jm.5.mcz
> >

> > Ese es el orden ?
> >
> > Estoy armando SqueakLightII, sin Traits, sin Installer, sin Universes,
> > quiero probar ahi.
> >
> > Dentro de un rato me conecto a IRC
> >
> > Edgas

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Ken Causey-3
Thanks German.

I have indeed verified that I can setup an additional swiki at
wiki.squeak.org with restricted access.  It shouldn't take but a few
minutes once I know the desired settings.  So let me know if this is
desirable.

Ken

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 22:06 -0300, Germán Arduino wrote:

> 2008/6/4 Ken Causey <[hidden email]>:
> > 2. I'm not certain but I believe I can add a Swiki to wiki.squeak.org
> > that has access restrictions.  I'm not a Swiki expert but I believe
> > something along that line is possible and I'm willing to look into it if
> > Swiki seems suitable otherwise.
> >

> Yes, you can setup the swiki security restricting the access only to
> identified users.
>
> Cheers.
> gsa.

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Noury Bouraqadi

On 4 juin 08, at 20:42, tim Rowledge wrote:

> The leadership team would like a private wiki facility. Is anyone
> hosting swikis?

What about using a wiki such as Pier and run it on the free seaside
hosting service provided by netstyle.ch and ESUG.

Noury
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
Responsable de l'enseignement de l'informatique
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. I.A.
http://vst.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Re: [squeak-dev] Any swiki sites that can host small private wikis?

Giovanni Corriga

Il giorno mer, 04/06/2008 alle 14.35 -0500, Ken Causey ha scritto:

> > Ken> Uhm.  Is there some reason not to host this on the community server?
> >
> > Is there a way to make pages on the community server private?
>
> I'm not really sure what we are talking about here.
>
> 1. We can host anything we like on the community server so assuming wiki
> software exists that fits your needs we can probably run it.
>
> 2. I'm not certain but I believe I can add a Swiki to wiki.squeak.org
> that has access restrictions.  I'm not a Swiki expert but I believe
> something along that line is possible and I'm willing to look into it if
> Swiki seems suitable otherwise.

Yes you can - there's a specific Security tab in the settings of a book
(In the ComSwiki jargon, a book is a single, all contained wiki).

An alternative would be using the access control features of Apache (a
simple .htaccess would do the trick).

        Giovanni