[squeak-dev] Botsinc free

stephane ducasse
Hi all

I'm happy to announce that my book BotsInc http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc
  will be free soon (in fact it is since 23 september).
I would like to thank ESUG http://www.esug.org for supporting
financially the buying of the book rights and giving the book to the
kid world.

A catalan version will be available really soon thanks to jordi delgado!
        (Yes the french were not the first this time... We were the first for
the etoy book and squeak by example. :))

If you want to participate to a translation please contact me. I will
be setting up soon an infrastructure
to support any language translation.

Stef

------------------------
Stéphane Ducasse
USTL - LILF - CNRS UMR 8022 - INRIA
[hidden email]
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr

different? ...  especially if,  by doing something different, today

Tel 33 3 59 57 78 66  - Fax 33 3 59 57 78 50
40, avenue Halley, Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne,
Bât.A, Park Plaza, Villeneuve d'Ascq,  FR-59650, France.

Re: [squeak-dev] Botsinc free

David Mitchell-10
Really great news! Thanks Stef.

This has been a favorite book for me to recommend to kids learning to
program. Free will make it even easier!

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 3:50 AM, stephane ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm happy to announce that my book BotsInc
> http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc will be free soon (in fact it is since 23
> september).
> I would like to thank ESUG http://www.esug.org for supporting financially
> the buying of the book rights and giving the book to the
> kid world.
>
> A catalan version will be available really soon thanks to jordi delgado!
>        (Yes the french were not the first this time... We were the first for
> the etoy book and squeak by example. :))
>
> If you want to participate to a translation please contact me. I will be
> setting up soon an infrastructure
> to support any language translation.
>
> Stef
>

> ------------------------
> Stéphane Ducasse
> USTL - LILF - CNRS UMR 8022 - INRIA
> [hidden email]
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr
>
> "if you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you do different?
> ...  especially if,  by doing something different, today might not be your
> last day on earth" Calvin&Hobbes
>
> Tel 33 3 59 57 78 66  - Fax 33 3 59 57 78 50
> 40, avenue Halley, Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne,
> Bât.A, Park Plaza, Villeneuve d'Ascq,  FR-59650, France.

Re: [squeak-dev] Botsinc free

stephane ducasse
Thanks.
If one day I find the energy I will release the other part of the book.
Stef
On Oct 26, 2008, at 6:57 PM, David Mitchell wrote:

> [...]

>> first for
>> the etoy book and squeak by example. :))
>>
>> If you want to participate to a translation please contact me. I
>> will be
>> setting up soon an infrastructure
>> to support any language translation.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> ------------------------
>> Stéphane Ducasse
>> USTL - LILF - CNRS UMR 8022 - INRIA
>> [hidden email]
>> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr
>>
>> "if you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you do
>> different?
>> ...  especially if,  by doing something different, today might not
>> be your
>> last day on earth" Calvin&Hobbes
>>
>> Tel 33 3 59 57 78 66  - Fax 33 3 59 57 78 50
>> 40, avenue Halley, Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne,
>> Bât.A, Park Plaza, Villeneuve d'Ascq,  FR-59650, France.

SeungBum Kim
Wow, so great!!

Actually my friend and I translated this book about 80% in Korean 2
years ago, but we had some problems to contact with Korean publishers
to publish the book.

Thank you Stef.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:00 AM, stephane ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks.
> If one day I find the energy I will release the other part of the book.
> Stef
> On Oct 26, 2008, at 6:57 PM, David Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Really great news! Thanks Stef.
>>
>> This has been a favorite book for me to recommend to kids learning to
>> program. Free will make it even easier!
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 3:50 AM, stephane ducasse
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I'm happy to announce that my book BotsInc
>>> http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc will be free soon (in fact it is since
>>> 23
>>> september).
>>> I would like to thank ESUG http://www.esug.org for supporting financially
>>> the buying of the book rights and giving the book to the
>>> kid world.
>>>
>>> A catalan version will be available really soon thanks to jordi delgado!
>>>     (Yes the french were not the first this time... We were the first for
>>> the etoy book and squeak by example. :))
>>>
>>> If you want to participate to a translation please contact me. I will be
>>> setting up soon an infrastructure
>>> to support any language translation.
>>>
>>> Stef
>>>

>>> ------------------------
>>> Stéphane Ducasse
>>> USTL - LILF - CNRS UMR 8022 - INRIA
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr
>>>
>>> "if you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you do
>>> different?
>>> ...  especially if,  by doing something different, today might not be
>>> your
>>> last day on earth" Calvin&Hobbes
>>>
>>> Tel 33 3 59 57 78 66  - Fax 33 3 59 57 78 50
>>> 40, avenue Halley, Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne,
>>> Bât.A, Park Plaza, Villeneuve d'Ascq,  FR-59650, France.

Re: [squeak-dev] Botsinc free

stephane ducasse-2
excellent!

If you want I can give you
        - a mailing-list
        - an svn repository where we will store all the translations
        http://gforge.inria.fr/projects/botsinc/
        - a wiki (pier)
let me know if you want. I would love to have all the translations in
this system. We are already have
        catalan, german (underway), french (underway).

Stef

On Nov 16, 2008, at 1:53 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> excellent!
>
> If you want I can give you
> - a mailing-list
> - an svn repository where we will store all the translations
> http://gforge.inria.fr/projects/botsinc/
> - a wiki (pier)
> let me know if you want. I would love to have all the translations
> in this system. We are already have
> catalan, german (underway), french (underway).
>
> Stef

[squeak-dev] Re: [Etoys] Botsinc free

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Hi Steph,

stephane ducasse escribió:

> Hi all
>
> I'm happy to announce that my book BotsInc http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/botsinc
>   will be free soon (in fact it is since 23 september).
> I would like to thank ESUG http://www.esug.org for supporting
> financially the buying of the book rights and giving the book to the
> kid world.
>
> A catalan version will be available really soon thanks to jordi delgado!
> (Yes the french were not the first this time... We were the first for
> the etoy book and squeak by example. :))
>
> If you want to participate to a translation please contact me. I will
> be setting up soon an infrastructure
> to support any language translation.
>
> Stef

Thats one of the best news I had got. My translation project is frozen
and may be it will be for a while, because other projects need my
attention right now, but having the proper license is a good step
towards a community constitution and you and other  authors are making a
big effort giving us proper artifacts for supporting the dynamics of a
learners community with thins like this or Squeak By Example.

Thanks a lot,

Offray