[squeak-dev] Can we still update when Mantis status is testing ?

[squeak-dev] Can we still update when Mantis status is testing ?

Nicolas Cellier
Eliot has found http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7361
And this implies http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=3374 requires an update

This change is marked with a testing status.
What is the policy?
Is it still time, or does it deserve another report?

(Note: the fix provided by Eliot at 7361 is for the case 3374 is not
loaded, so I cannot use the same report number)

Nicolas

Re: [squeak-dev] Can we still update when Mantis status is testing ?

Ken Causey-3
On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 22:09 +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> Eliot has found http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7361
> And this implies http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=3374 requires an update
>
> This change is marked with a testing status.
> What is the policy?
> Is it still time, or does it deserve another report?
>
> (Note: the fix provided by Eliot at 7361 is for the case 3374 is not
> loaded, so I cannot use the same report number)
>
> Nicolas
I assume you mean the status of #3374, but it is not testing, it is
pending.  Actually as far as I'm aware pending has no particular meaning
for us and I think Keith set that status before the meanings of the
statuses were set with regard to automatically pulling fixes with
Installer/Bob.  Also, this fix is not marked with a relevant version
number that Installer/Bob would likely be used for anyway.  I see no
reason you can't update the patches for #3374 if you like.  That should
be safe to do all the way up to 'resolved' status.

Ken