[squeak-dev] Dealing with MorphicExtras-ST80

[squeak-dev] Dealing with MorphicExtras-ST80

Andreas.Raab
Hi -

In my ongoing quest to make MVC reloadable, I've now come to some more
interesting dependencies. MorphicExtras-ST80 contains a bunch of classes
that relate to running Morphic inside MVC projects. I'm not sure how to
deal with this dependencies, here are some proposals for possible
directions:

1) Remove it. I'm not sure if anyone would care. Holler if you do.

2) Move it into a MorphicWIW package that contains both embedded Morphic
worlds (currently in MorphicExtras-AdditionalWorlds; would become
MorphicWIW-Core) as well as Morphic projects in MVC (would become
MorphicWIW-ST80).

3) Define a set of more generic "MorphicDemos-*" packages that would
include MorphicDemos-ST80 and could be used to split out other packages
that are obvious candidates (top of my list: the Fabrik remnants,
Text-on-Curves, and GeeMail) all of which are fairly self-contained, do
not provide a core functionality and are not used anywhere in sight.

Any preferences? Alternatives?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: [squeak-dev] Dealing with MorphicExtras-ST80

Eliot Miranda-2

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi -

In my ongoing quest to make MVC reloadable, I've now come to some more interesting dependencies. MorphicExtras-ST80 contains a bunch of classes that relate to running Morphic inside MVC projects. I'm not sure how to deal with this dependencies, here are some proposals for possible directions:

1) Remove it. I'm not sure if anyone would care. Holler if you do.

Surely this is the sensible option.  Perhaps you could confirm by looking at method timestamps but my guess is that this code was used in the initial development of Morphic and now that it is stand-alone this stuff isn't necessary.  But I'm talking from a position of deep ignorance.  So caveat emptor...