[squeak-dev] Double click on an data file

[squeak-dev] Double click on an data file

Javier Reyes
Hello !

I have created a Mac Application which stores certain information in files. These files are saved using Reference Stream. I have obviously provided a mechanism to read them back, but my problem comes if a user double clicks on the file icon at the Mac Osx operating system level. When that happens, the application opens with it's last image and the file is read as a text in a SystemWindow (Lots of fancy binary simbols!).  Is there a way I can control which method takes responsability of that process ?

All the best,
                            Javier

Re: [squeak-dev] Double click on an data file

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 7/14/08 2:14 PM, "Javier Reyes" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hello !
>
> I have created a Mac Application which stores certain information in files.
> These files are saved using Reference Stream. I have obviously provided a
> mechanism to read them back, but my problem comes if a user double clicks on
> the file icon at the Mac Osx operating system level. When that happens, the
> application opens with it's last image and the file is read as a text in a
> SystemWindow (Lots of fancy binary simbols!).  Is there a way I can control
> which method takes responsability of that process ?
>
> All the best,
>                             Javier
Use services.
You could made any exterrnal file was processed using your logic.
I add two examples of my own use, one for read objects saved to  disk the
other for my own "SqueakBooks"

Edgar

Object class-*services-extras.st (1000 bytes) Download Attachment
MiStack-*services-extras.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] Double click on an data file

Javier Reyes
Thanks very much Edgar,

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Best regards,