[squeak-dev] [Election] IMPORTANT: Voter list test mail

[squeak-dev] [Election] IMPORTANT: Voter list test mail

Göran Krampe
Hi!

Ok, the vote is coming up fast and I decided to test the voter list. We
have a list of 461 voters. I just sent out a test mail with this subject
line:
        "[Election] Test mail for upcoming vote"

...and got 32 bounces for the emails listed for the names at the end of
this email.

- If you ARE on the list of names I need for you to send me your correct
current email address in order for you to receive your ballot. If you do
not send me a new email address - you will not be able to vote. You can
send me a new email address all up until the voting closes on
2009-03-08, just don't cut it TOO tight. :)

- If you DID receive the email all is FINE. You will thus receive the
real ballot when sent out on the 1st march, 18.00 UTC (ish). You can
stop reading now. :)

- If you did NOT receive the email, and you are NOT listed below, then
you are NOT on the voter list. If you want to vote, send me an email
*before 2009-03-01, 18.00 UTC*, and explain why you think you should be
eligible to vote :). After 2009-03-01 the voter list will be FROZEN.

- For more details on the election, see:

        http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6116

regards, Göran
----------------------------

Voters that bounced:

Alan Lovejoy
Alan Reider
Andrew Catton
Brian Pagano
Cees de Groot
Chao-Kuo Lin
Chris Nelson
Dany Daltman
Doug Merritt
Ed Jason
Evan Dembskey
Haruko Inoue
Jan B. Krejci
Jan Fietz
Jason Rogers
Jean-Roch Sotty
Jim Guo
Lex Spoon
Luciano Notarfrancesco
Masaaki Mitsuhashi
Ned Konz
Norberto Manzanos
Pablo Iaria
Raymond Asselin
Richard Manning
Roel Wuyts
Sven Riemann
Ted Kaehler
Thomas Stambaugh
Tim Johnson
William Juntunen
Zsolt Gal

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] IMPORTANT: Voter list test mail

Göran Krampe
Two more bounced names:

Russel Penney
Yann Piette

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] IMPORTANT: Voter list test mail

Edgar J. De Cleene

> Ok, the vote is coming up fast and I decided to test the
> voter list. We have a list of 461 voters. I just sent out a
> test mail with this subject line:
> "[Election] Test mail for upcoming vote"
>
> ...and got 32 bounces for the emails listed for the names
> at the end of this email.
>
> - If you ARE on the list of names I need for you to send me
> your correct current email address in order for you to
> receive your ballot. If you do not send me a new email
> address - you will not be able to vote. You can send me a
> new email address all up until the voting closes on
> 2009-03-08, just don't cut it TOO tight. :)
>
> - If you DID receive the email all is FINE. You will thus
> receive the real ballot when sent out on the 1st march,
> 18.00 UTC (ish). You can stop reading now. :)
>
> - If you did NOT receive the email, and you are NOT listed
> below, then you are NOT on the voter list. If you want to
> vote, send me an email *before 2009-03-01, 18.00 UTC*, and
> explain why you think you should be eligible to vote :).
> After 2009-03-01 the voter list will be FROZEN.
>
> - For more details on the election, see:
>
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6116
>

> regards, Göran
> ----------------------------
>
> Voters that bounced:
>
> Alan Lovejoy
> Alan Reider
> Andrew Catton
> Brian Pagano
> Cees de Groot
> Chao-Kuo Lin
> Chris Nelson
> Dany Daltman
> Doug Merritt
> Ed Jason
> Evan Dembskey
> Haruko Inoue
> Jan B. Krejci
> Jan Fietz
> Jason Rogers
> Jean-Roch Sotty
> Jim Guo
> Lex Spoon
> Luciano Notarfrancesco
> Masaaki Mitsuhashi
> Ned Konz
> Norberto Manzanos
> Pablo Iaria
> Raymond Asselin
> Richard Manning
> Roel Wuyts
> Sven Riemann
> Ted Kaehler
> Thomas Stambaugh
> Tim Johnson
> William Juntunen
> Zsolt Gal

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable
http://ar.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] IMPORTANT: Voter list test mail

Janko Mivšek
edgar De Cleene pravi:

Edgar, what if you ask all the group to send their email addresses to
Goran? On yahoo groups you namely don't see the e-mails, so such action
from group members will help Goran collection those addresses a lot. And
hurry on, election will start soon!

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Janko Mivšek wrote:

> edgar De Cleene pravi:
>
> Edgar, what if you ask all the group to send their email addresses to
> Goran? On yahoo groups you namely don't see the e-mails, so such action
> from group members will help Goran collection those addresses a lot. And
> hurry on, election will start soon!
>
> Janko

Yes, I will not add voters in a "bulk fashion". Jecel emailed me with a
list of voters that he had gathered at a meeting, but he also included a
short presentation of each person which I read and considered OK. That
was as far as I would go, and I really want each person to email me
privately.

But feel free to post to that list and encourage people to get onto the
voter list - that is by all means fine. And same goes for any other forum.

regards, Göran

[OT]ned konz was:Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] IMPORTANT: Voter list test mail

Reinhard Handl
hi göran,

sorry for posting just to you,
but i found the name of ned konz on your list of unreachable people.
do you know what happened to him?

regards, reinhard

Göran Krampe schrieb:

> Hi!
>
> Ok, the vote is coming up fast and I decided to test the voter list.
> We have a list of 461 voters. I just sent out a test mail with this
> subject line:
>     "[Election] Test mail for upcoming vote"
>
> ...and got 32 bounces for the emails listed for the names at the end
> of this email.
>
> - If you ARE on the list of names I need for you to send me your
> correct current email address in order for you to receive your ballot.
> If you do not send me a new email address - you will not be able to
> vote. You can send me a new email address all up until the voting
> closes on 2009-03-08, just don't cut it TOO tight. :)
>
> - If you DID receive the email all is FINE. You will thus receive the
> real ballot when sent out on the 1st march, 18.00 UTC (ish). You can
> stop reading now. :)
>
> - If you did NOT receive the email, and you are NOT listed below, then
> you are NOT on the voter list. If you want to vote, send me an email
> *before 2009-03-01, 18.00 UTC*, and explain why you think you should
> be eligible to vote :). After 2009-03-01 the voter list will be FROZEN.
>
> - For more details on the election, see:
>
>     http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6116
>

> regards, Göran
> ----------------------------
>
> Voters that bounced:
>
> Alan Lovejoy
> Alan Reider
> Andrew Catton
> Brian Pagano
> Cees de Groot
> Chao-Kuo Lin
> Chris Nelson
> Dany Daltman
> Doug Merritt
> Ed Jason
> Evan Dembskey
> Haruko Inoue
> Jan B. Krejci
> Jan Fietz
> Jason Rogers
> Jean-Roch Sotty
> Jim Guo
> Lex Spoon
> Luciano Notarfrancesco
> Masaaki Mitsuhashi
> Ned Konz
> Norberto Manzanos
> Pablo Iaria
> Raymond Asselin
> Richard Manning
> Roel Wuyts
> Sven Riemann
> Ted Kaehler
> Thomas Stambaugh
> Tim Johnson
> William Juntunen
> Zsolt Gal

Re: [OT]ned konz was:Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] IMPORTANT: Voter list test mail

Göran Krampe
Hi all!

Reinhard Handl wrote:
> hi göran,
>
> sorry for posting just to you,

Mmm, I think you accidentally posted to squeak-dev instead of to me
privately :)

> but i found the name of ned konz on your list of unreachable people.
> do you know what happened to him?

Ned replied to me privately with a new email address - so Ned is still
around! Haven't had the chance to check what he is up to these days
though. :)

> regards, reinhard

regards, Göran

Göran Krampe schrieb:
> Hi all!
>
> Reinhard Handl wrote:
>> hi göran,
>>
>> sorry for posting just to you,
>
> Mmm, I think you accidentally posted to squeak-dev instead of to me
> privately :)

i'm sorry, i noticed it, when getting the mail myself :-)
but on the other hand there may be others questioning themselves what
ned is doing.

>> but i found the name of ned konz on your list of unreachable people.
>> do you know what happened to him?
>
> Ned replied to me privately with a new email address - so Ned is still
> around! Haven't had the chance to check what he is up to these days
> though. :)

thanks for your answer. whatever he is doing, i wish him well and hope
he can manage sometime to join the community if he likes too.

cheers, reinhard