[squeak-dev] [Election] Results are in!

Göran Krampe
Hi all Squeakers!

The Squeak Leadership Team 2009 Election ended 2 hours and 15 minutes
ago in fact - promptly at 18.00 UTC. Sorry for the late post on the
result, had to get back home first.

For this year we had 461 authorized voters, but only 432 ballots were
sent out due to bounces. Of the 432 ballots sent 188 voted, that gives
us about 43% voting (last year we had 40% voting, 178 votes). But in
2007 we had 45% voting, although fewer authorized voters and fewer voters.

So conclusion is that we are growing, although slowly. :)

With that bit of boring statistics I bring you the leadership team for
the following year starting from NOW. The order reflects the ranking
from the election:

1. Andreas Raab
2. Bert Freudenberg
3. Craig Latta
4. Randal L. Schwartz
5. Ken Causey
6. Igor Stasenko
7. Jecel Assumpcao Jr

And thus the candidates left out are the following (also in ranked
order):

8. Matthew Fulmer
9. Edgar J. De Cleene
10. Brent Pinkney
11. David Mitchell

Noteworthy is that Craig, Bert, Randal and Igor thus will serve one more
year, with new blood added in the form of Ken, Jecel and Andreas.

This also means that we say a BIG THANK YOU to Giovanni Corriga, Edgar
J. De Cleene, Dan Ingalls, Tim Rowledge and Yoshiki Ohshima for having
served on the leadership team the previous year.

Detailed result can be seen at:

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_f48a814ea5d852de

And thank YOU all for voting and all the best to the new team!

regards, Göran Krampe, on behalf of the Election Team

[squeak-dev] Re: [Election] Results are in!

Andreas.Raab
Thanks Göran. A big, big thanks - after all you've been organizing the
whole election.

I'm very happy to see the results. I think those are good choices and I
think we can work together to move this community and its core artifact
forward by a good amount.

The next year will certainly be interesting: We have a license-clean
release coming up, closures are on the way in, we'll get a more
transparent contribution process, we have much better tools to deal with
integration from different sources. What could possibly go wrong? (just
kidding ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Göran Krampe wrote:

> Hi all Squeakers!
>
> The Squeak Leadership Team 2009 Election ended 2 hours and 15 minutes
> ago in fact - promptly at 18.00 UTC. Sorry for the late post on the
> result, had to get back home first.
>
> For this year we had 461 authorized voters, but only 432 ballots were
> sent out due to bounces. Of the 432 ballots sent 188 voted, that gives
> us about 43% voting (last year we had 40% voting, 178 votes). But in
> 2007 we had 45% voting, although fewer authorized voters and fewer voters.
>
> So conclusion is that we are growing, although slowly. :)
>
> With that bit of boring statistics I bring you the leadership team for
> the following year starting from NOW. The order reflects the ranking
> from the election:
>
> 1. Andreas Raab
> 2. Bert Freudenberg
> 3. Craig Latta
> 4. Randal L. Schwartz
> 5. Ken Causey
> 6. Igor Stasenko
> 7. Jecel Assumpcao Jr
>
> And thus the candidates left out are the following (also in ranked
> order):
>
> 8. Matthew Fulmer
> 9. Edgar J. De Cleene
> 10. Brent Pinkney
> 11. David Mitchell
>
> Noteworthy is that Craig, Bert, Randal and Igor thus will serve one more
> year, with new blood added in the form of Ken, Jecel and Andreas.
>
> This also means that we say a BIG THANK YOU to Giovanni Corriga, Edgar
> J. De Cleene, Dan Ingalls, Tim Rowledge and Yoshiki Ohshima for having
> served on the leadership team the previous year.
>
> Detailed result can be seen at:
>
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?id=E_f48a814ea5d852de
>

> And thank YOU all for voting and all the best to the new team!
>
> regards, Göran Krampe, on behalf of the Election Team

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] Results are in!

Giuseppe
Congratulations ;)

El 08/03/2009, a las 21:18, Göran Krampe escribió:

> Hi all Squeakers!
>
> The Squeak Leadership Team 2009 Election ended 2 hours and 15
> minutes ago in fact - promptly at 18.00 UTC. Sorry for the late post
> on the result, had to get back home first.
>
> For this year we had 461 authorized voters, but only 432 ballots
> were sent out due to bounces. Of the 432 ballots sent 188 voted,
> that gives us about 43% voting (last year we had 40% voting, 178
> votes). But in 2007 we had 45% voting, although fewer authorized
> voters and fewer voters.
>
> So conclusion is that we are growing, although slowly. :)
>
> With that bit of boring statistics I bring you the leadership team
> for the following year starting from NOW. The order reflects the
> ranking from the election:
>
> 1. Andreas Raab
> 2. Bert Freudenberg
> 3. Craig Latta
> 4. Randal L. Schwartz
> 5. Ken Causey
> 6. Igor Stasenko
> 7. Jecel Assumpcao Jr
>
> And thus the candidates left out are the following (also in ranked
> order):
>
> 8. Matthew Fulmer
> 9. Edgar J. De Cleene
> 10. Brent Pinkney
> 11. David Mitchell
>
> Noteworthy is that Craig, Bert, Randal and Igor thus will serve one
> more year, with new blood added in the form of Ken, Jecel and Andreas.
>
> This also means that we say a BIG THANK YOU to Giovanni Corriga,
> Edgar J. De Cleene, Dan Ingalls, Tim Rowledge and Yoshiki Ohshima
> for having served on the leadership team the previous year.
>
> Detailed result can be seen at:
>
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/w8/~andru/cgi-perl/civs/results.pl?
> id=E_f48a814ea5d852de
>
> And thank YOU all for voting and all the best to the new team!
>
> regards, Göran Krampe, on behalf of the Election Team

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] Results are in!

Randal L. Schwartz

Göran> 1. Andreas Raab
Göran> 2. Bert Freudenberg
Göran> 3. Craig Latta
Göran> 4. Randal L. Schwartz
Göran> 5. Ken Causey
Göran> 6. Igor Stasenko
Göran> 7. Jecel Assumpcao Jr

I am honored to be serving on a team of legends.  Thank you for your
confidence in me.

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion

RE: [squeak-dev] [Election] Results are in!

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi all,

I also want to say thank you Giovanni Corriga, Edgar J. De Cleene, Dan
Ingalls, Tim Rowledge and Yoshiki Ohshima and everyone else that has severed
on the board previously.  We are very fortunate to have such terrific people
willing to server on the board and we have made some wonderful progress.

Congratulations to new and returning members of the board.  I wish you all
the very best.  The community is very lucky to have each and every one of
you.  This will be a terrific year for all of us.

Best regards,

Ron Teitelbaum

Jecel Assumpcao Jr
I would like to thank Göran for all the effort he put into this and for
making it all work so smoothly. Of course I am very happy and honored to
have been selected (that was the point of running, after all) and thank
all of those who trusted me, but I also would like to mention that all
possible results would have been good given the list of candidates (and
I feel the same about previous years). The Squeak community is very
lucky in this regard and I hope we can work to expand it greatly in
numbers without losing this quality.

-- Jecel

Re: [squeak-dev] [Election] Results are in!

Gonzalo Romano
I must say i'm very pleased with the result.
congratulations to you all