[squeak-dev] Elements - a Scratch-like Smalltalk

[squeak-dev] Elements - a Scratch-like Smalltalk

rhawley
Hi Jens

I like the idea very much.  However, I note you say "all rights
reserved" for the experimental version.  I am not sure that you want
this to become a community activity - what is your view?

Yours

Bob

Re: [squeak-dev] Elements - a Scratch-like Smalltalk

Jens Mönig
Hi Bob,

thanks for you interest in [i]Elements[/i]. Being an attorney myself I'm always delighted by enthusiastic license related discussions in open-source online communities. However, truth is, I simply don't care about the IP rights regarding the things I create myself and post online. I also don't much care about any other pre-formulated license and all the zealotism that's evolved around them, so let's just say I'm releasing [i]Elements[/i] into the public domain (now, please don't argue with me if the Squeak license, which might apply to parts of the image I took for this work allows for this, I hope they don't care either) and would be thrilled about any discussions / contributions / remixes / whatever coming out of this (how about calling the license "discussionware <g>?")

I hope this answer clears that.

-Jens

Robert Hawley wrote