[squeak-dev] Etoys 4.0 and Monticello

K. K. Subramaniam
Hi,

I got a "Key not found" error while trying to install Monticello in my Etoys
squeak-dev-4.0.image (Squeak 4.0-2192). The error also appears in
squeak-dev-3.0 images. The debug log is attached.

I got stuck in a loop while trying to register a project in Squeaksource using
Etoys dev image? Etoys dev image does not have Monticello browser. SqueakMap
Package loader, when opened, reported that its client version is too old and
I agreed to an update. But the upgrade needed Monticello to be installed.
During its installation, I got the above error.

Any help is appreciated. TIA .. Subbu

mcerror.log (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] Etoys 4.0 and Monticello

keith1y
K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got a "Key not found" error while trying to install Monticello in my Etoys
> squeak-dev-4.0.image (Squeak 4.0-2192). The error also appears in
> squeak-dev-3.0 images. The debug log is attached.
>
> I got stuck in a loop while trying to register a project in Squeaksource using
> Etoys dev image? Etoys dev image does not have Monticello browser. SqueakMap
> Package loader, when opened, reported that its client version is too old and
> I agreed to an update. But the upgrade needed Monticello to be installed.
> During its installation, I got the above error.
>
> Any help is appreciated. TIA .. Subbu

That particular error is one you can just work around using the
debugger, its not crucial. Simply use the "return entered value" menu
item and then click proceed.

You may be better of using MC1.5 which has been tested in that image.

see http://installer.pbwiki.com/LevelPlayingField

Keith

Re: [squeak-dev] Etoys 4.0 and Monticello

Karl Ramberg
K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got a "Key not found" error while trying to install Monticello in my Etoys
> squeak-dev-4.0.image (Squeak 4.0-2192). The error also appears in
> squeak-dev-3.0 images. The debug log is attached.
>
> I got stuck in a loop while trying to register a project in Squeaksource using
> Etoys dev image? Etoys dev image does not have Monticello browser. SqueakMap
> Package loader, when opened, reported that its client version is too old and
> I agreed to an update. But the upgrade needed Monticello to be installed.
> During its installation, I got the above error.
>
> Any help is appreciated. TIA .. Subbu

You have to zap the MCVersionInfo, then initialize MCWorkingCopy and the
MC browser

Karl

Re: [squeak-dev] Etoys 4.0 and Monticello

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:13:36 +0100,
Karl Ramberg wrote:

> K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got a "Key not found" error while trying to install Monticello in my Etoys
> > squeak-dev-4.0.image (Squeak 4.0-2192). The error also appears in
> > squeak-dev-3.0 images. The debug log is attached.
> >
> > I got stuck in a loop while trying to register a project in Squeaksource using
> > Etoys dev image? Etoys dev image does not have Monticello browser. SqueakMap
> > Package loader, when opened, reported that its client version is too old and
> > I agreed to an update. But the upgrade needed Monticello to be installed.
> > During its installation, I got the above error.
> >
> > Any help is appreciated. TIA .. Subbu

> You have to zap the MCVersionInfo, then initialize MCWorkingCopy and the
> MC browser

  Can anybody make a small changeset and perhaps .mcz to load to make
it saner for Etoys v 4.0?  Or would
http://bugs.squeak.org/file_download.php?file_id=3363&type=bug
fix it?  (or http://installer.pbwiki.com/LevelPlayingField-Monticello15?)

-- Yoshiki

Re: [squeak-dev] Etoys 4.0 and Monticello

keith1y

>> You have to zap the MCVersionInfo, then initialize MCWorkingCopy and the
>> MC browser
>>

>   Can anybody make a small changeset and perhaps .mcz to load to make
> it saner for Etoys v 4.0?  Or would
> http://bugs.squeak.org/file_download.php?file_id=3363&type=bug
> fix it?  (or http://installer.pbwiki.com/LevelPlayingField-Monticello15?)
>
> -- Yoshiki

The problem is that loading MC on top of MC is more often than not a
problem. That is what the LevelPlayingField script acknowledges and aims
to provide a workable solution for.

MC1.6 supports atomic loading so the problem goes away after that.

Matthew did say he was testing LPF with etoys 4

Keith

Re: [squeak-dev] Etoys 4.0 and Monticello

Tapple Gao
On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 02:14:22AM +0000, Keith Hodges wrote:

> >> You have to zap the MCVersionInfo, then initialize MCWorkingCopy and the
> >> MC browser
> >>

> >   Can anybody make a small changeset and perhaps .mcz to load to make
> > it saner for Etoys v 4.0?  Or would
> > http://bugs.squeak.org/file_download.php?file_id=3363&type=bug
> > fix it?  (or http://installer.pbwiki.com/LevelPlayingField-Monticello15?)
> >
> > -- Yoshiki
> >

> The problem is that loading MC on top of MC is more often than not a
> problem. That is what the LevelPlayingField script acknowledges and aims
> to provide a workable solution for.
>
> MC1.6 supports atomic loading so the problem goes away after that.
>
> Matthew did say he was testing LPF with etoys 4

Yes. MC1.5 works fine with etoys 4. It is tested

On Sunday 23 Nov 2008 10:12:13 pm Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> Yes. MC1.5 works fine with etoys 4. It is tested
I got a MNU dialog for methodsForStamp: when I tried to install Monticello1.5
(1.5.436) in etoys 4 image. Does this have anything to do with SqueakMap
client being on 2.0 while SqueakMap server is at v2.2?

TIA .. Subbu

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 01:19:40PM +0530, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> On Sunday 23 Nov 2008 10:12:13 pm Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> > Yes. MC1.5 works fine with etoys 4. It is tested
> I got a MNU dialog for methodsForStamp: when I tried to install Monticello1.5
> (1.5.436) in etoys 4 image. Does this have anything to do with SqueakMap
> client being on 2.0 while SqueakMap server is at v2.2?

Hmm. I tried loading MC 1.5 into both an etoys-dev upgraded to
4.0, and an etoys-image-and-pr, and both worked fine. How did
you load MC 1.5? The only recommended method right now is to use
the LPF installation script:

HttpSocket httpFileIn: 'installer.pbwiki.org/f/LPF.st'

On Monday 24 Nov 2008 10:26:03 pm Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> Hmm. I tried loading MC 1.5 into both an etoys-dev upgraded to
> 4.0, and an etoys-image-and-pr, and both worked fine. How did
> you load MC 1.5? The only recommended method right now is to use
> the LPF installation script:
>
> HttpSocket httpFileIn: 'installer.pbwiki.org/f/LPF.st'
I tried the usual way - World Menu->open->SqueakMap Loader and got into a
loop.

I tried your script and it read the stream for a loonng time. The transcript
was interspersed with "data too slow" messages. But it did install MC in the
end. Is this going to go into the final etoys 4.0 image?

Thanks .. Subbu

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:43:47PM +0530, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> On Monday 24 Nov 2008 10:26:03 pm Matthew Fulmer wrote:
> > Hmm. I tried loading MC 1.5 into both an etoys-dev upgraded to
> > 4.0, and an etoys-image-and-pr, and both worked fine. How did
> > you load MC 1.5? The only recommended method right now is to use
> > the LPF installation script:
> >
> > HttpSocket httpFileIn: 'installer.pbwiki.org/f/LPF.st'
> I tried the usual way - World Menu->open->SqueakMap Loader and got into a
> loop.

Oops. I'll get the squeakmap and universes entries for mc
1.5 working. Sorry about that.