[squeak-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

[squeak-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

Giovanni Corriga
Hi all,

just a two liner to tell you that the Squeak project has been accepted
into the Google Summer of Code 2008:

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/squeak/about.html

More to that after I get some dinner ;)

        Ciao,

                Giovanni

[squeak-dev] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

Andreas.Raab
Nice job. What's the next steps?

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Giovanni Corriga wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just a two liner to tell you that the Squeak project has been accepted
> into the Google Summer of Code 2008:
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/squeak/about.html
>
> More to that after I get some dinner ;)
>
>     Ciao,
>
>         Giovanni

Re: [squeak-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

garduino
Very good news! Thanks by the effort.

Cheers.

2008/3/17, Giovanni Corriga <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
>  just a two liner to tell you that the Squeak project has been accepted
>  into the Google Summer of Code 2008:
>
>  http://code.google.com/soc/2008/squeak/about.html
>
>  More to that after I get some dinner ;)
>
>         Ciao,
>

>                 Giovanni

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

Giovanni Corriga
Andreas Raab ha scritto:
> Nice job. What's the next steps?

Those of you with a stable IRC connection should hang around in #squeak
and #gsoc on irc.freenode.org and do some PR for those students that
will come looking for information about Squeak's proposed projects.
I'll do that as soon as possible, too.

In a couple of days, Google will open the students applications and
students will start submitting their proposals to us, taking them either
on http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6032 or coming up with their own ones.

        Ciao,

                Giovanni

Re: [squeak-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

Karl-19
Giovanni Corriga wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just a two liner to tell you that the Squeak project has been accepted
> into the Google Summer of Code 2008:
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/squeak/about.html
>
> More to that after I get some dinner ;)
>
>     Ciao,
>
>         Giovanni

Also note that OLPC is accepted in GSoC'08 and it is possible to develop
Activities in Squeak and improve DrGeo though them.

Karl

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

Giuseppe
I hope all projects go on. I like all.

Good job! ;)

--
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]>
<http://www.lordzealon.com>

Re: [squeak-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

askoh
Administrator
Giovanni:

I am happy for all Squeakers. We are getting heard.

I have volunteered to be a mentor:
freeCAD port to Croquet
What do I do next?

All the best,
Aik-Siong

> Hi all,
>
> just a two liner to tell you that the Squeak project has been accepted
> into the Google Summer of Code 2008:
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/squeak/about.html
>
> More to that after I get some dinner ;)
>
> Ciao,
>
> Giovanni

Re: [squeak-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 - we're in!

Dean Jackson-6
Hi all,

I noticed what I suspect is a wee error on the ideas page at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6032
  , namely:

Maze Resolution Browser
[...]
In the new browser view all panes are in separate almost undecorated
windows whose location can (but _must not_) be changed
[...]

I'd suggest changing 'must not' to 'need not', seeing as 'must not'
means the opposite of 'can'.

Sorry to make such a totally anal and critical first post :(

Dean