[squeak-dev] Help needs for the gstreamer on os-x installation process.

[squeak-dev] Help needs for the gstreamer on os-x installation process.

johnmci
In order to get the GStreamer plugin to work on OS-X in a more
friendly fashion I need someone
with deep knowledge of ranlib, libtool, ln (etc)  to build an
installable set of the GStreamer plugins
so that you can install the "Good" GStreamer set on an arbitrary
macintosh without having to
install the 1000 or so packages if you follow the (very unix like)
MacPorts or Fink installation process.

As far as I know the Linux version of the plugin is ok, and there are
people working on the Windows flavour, but
sadly the macintosh version is not available.
--
=
=

Re: [squeak-dev] Help needs for the gstreamer on os-x installation process.

johnmci
Well it's written assuming it's interfacing to a 32bit system so when
it does thinks like pass up an address handle or take a number value
it assumes it's a 32bit value.

primitivegobjectfree: obj
"g_object free it "
        | gObject |

        self primitive: 'primitivegobjectfree' parameters: #(Oop).
        self var: #gObject declareC: 'gpointer  gObject'.
        gObject := self cCoerce: (interpreterProxy positive32BitValueOf: obj)
to: 'gpointer'.
        self touch: gObject.
        self cCode: 'g_free(gObject)'.

If someone wants to tackle this then like it would become something
more like.

primitivegobjectfree: obj
"g_object free it "
        | gObject |

        self primitive: 'primitivegobjectfree' parameters: #(Oop).
        self var: #gObject declareC: 'gpointer  gObject'.
        gObject := self cCoerce: (self positive32BitOr64BitValueOf: obj) to:
'gpointer'.
        self touch: gObject.
        self cCode: 'g_free(gObject)'.

positive32BitOr64BitValueOf: obj
^(self sizeof: long) = 4 ifTrue: [interpreterProxy
positive32BitValueOf: integerValue] ifFalse: [interpreterProxy
positive64BitValueOf: obj]

--
=
=
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
=
=
=

Re: [squeak-dev] Help needs for the gstreamer on os-x installation process.

Steven W Riggins
Can't you make this determination at startup time and stuff the proper
method somewhere?