[squeak-dev] Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1

[squeak-dev] Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1

Jerome Peace
Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1

HI all,

In my code travels I have come across:

 'RAA 12/10/2000 10:11 PNGReadWriter class test1 {as
yet unclassified}'

which has become lava code*.

It would probably be good to revive it as a test. I
would like to know what was in the files it
referenced. My curiosity wants to know if they were
some specially tortuous or just ordinary files. ( My
assistant Puck is hoping for tortuous. ;-)

I am also, at Puck's urging, looking for other files
that would be a good test of a png read writer.

the portion of the code that looks at files is here:

        d0 := FileDirectory default.
        d1 := d0 directoryNamed: 'PngSuite Folder'.
        d2 := d0 directoryNamed: 'BIG PNG'.
        {d0. d1. d2}.
        "keep compiler quiet"
        "==
        citrus_none_sub.png
        citrus_adm7_adap.png
        citrus_adm7_aver.png
        citrus_adm7_non.png
        citrus_adm7_paeth.png
        pngs-img-ie5mac.png
        =="
        fileInfo := {d2. {'citrus_adm7_adap.png'}}.

Yours in service, and curiosity, --Jerome Peace

*lava code is code left over from historical times
which has no use in the current image and yet no one
is willing to take responsiblity for removing it.

Be a better friend, newshound, and

[squeak-dev] Re: Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1

Andreas.Raab
Hi -

Have you looked at the PNGReadWriterTests in the GraphicsTests package?
It has some 30+ tests for PNGReadWriter in a variety of situations.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Jerome Peace wrote:

> Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1
>
> HI all,
>
> In my code travels I have come across:
>
>  'RAA 12/10/2000 10:11 PNGReadWriter class test1 {as
> yet unclassified}'
>
> which has become lava code*.
>
> It would probably be good to revive it as a test. I
> would like to know what was in the files it
> referenced. My curiosity wants to know if they were
> some specially tortuous or just ordinary files. ( My
> assistant Puck is hoping for tortuous. ;-)
>
> I am also, at Puck's urging, looking for other files
> that would be a good test of a png read writer.
>

> the portion of the code that looks at files is here:
>

> d0 := FileDirectory default.
> d1 := d0 directoryNamed: 'PngSuite Folder'.
> d2 := d0 directoryNamed: 'BIG PNG'.
> {d0. d1. d2}.
> "keep compiler quiet"
> "==
> citrus_none_sub.png
> citrus_adm7_adap.png
> citrus_adm7_aver.png
> citrus_adm7_non.png
> citrus_adm7_paeth.png
> pngs-img-ie5mac.png
> =="
> fileInfo := {d2. {'citrus_adm7_adap.png'}}.
>

> Yours in service, and curiosity, --Jerome Peace
>
> *lava code is code left over from historical times
> which has no use in the current image and yet no one
> is willing to take responsiblity for removing it.
>

>       ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Be a better friend, newshound, and
> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.  http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Re: [squeak-dev] Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1

Karl-19
Jerome Peace wrote:

> Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1
>
> HI all,
>
> In my code travels I have come across:
>
>  'RAA 12/10/2000 10:11 PNGReadWriter class test1 {as
> yet unclassified}'
>
> which has become lava code*.
>
> It would probably be good to revive it as a test. I
> would like to know what was in the files it
> referenced. My curiosity wants to know if they were
> some specially tortuous or just ordinary files. ( My
> assistant Puck is hoping for tortuous. ;-)
>
> I am also, at Puck's urging, looking for other files
> that would be a good test of a png read writer.
>

> the portion of the code that looks at files is here:
>

> d0 := FileDirectory default.
> d1 := d0 directoryNamed: 'PngSuite Folder'.
> d2 := d0 directoryNamed: 'BIG PNG'.
> {d0. d1. d2}.
> "keep compiler quiet"
> "==
> citrus_none_sub.png
> citrus_adm7_adap.png
> citrus_adm7_aver.png
> citrus_adm7_non.png
> citrus_adm7_paeth.png
> pngs-img-ie5mac.png
> =="
> fileInfo := {d2. {'citrus_adm7_adap.png'}}.

Google did not turn up any of the citrus_* images but the ie5mac can be
found. The PngSuite can also be found, but I think this test method
could be ditched or reworked to be not reliant on arbitrary stuff from
external sources. It was probably useful in development but less so in
deployment.

Karl