[squeak-dev] I need help with FFI on MacOSX

[squeak-dev] I need help with FFI on MacOSX

Diego Fernández
Hi, I'm tried -without success- to use FFI with a library located in /
usr/local/lib

After setting SqueakDebug in the .plist and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/
local/lib, I saw in the debug messages that Squeak in looking for the
library in the bundles directory of the Squeak.app

What is the correct way to do that?

[squeak-dev] [OT] OLPC

Raymond Asselin
Sorry for the Out Of Topic...

Do Somebody knows <www.laptopgiving.org> ?
I recently received a mail saying "You XO laptop is on its way" from
a site with this URL <www.laptopgiving.org/start>.

But...as I received my XO in January, and that the OLPC site URL is
<laptop.org> not <laptopgiving.org> I am a bit suspicious...do you think
this is a case of fishing?

I did nothing for now...must I do something...?

Ciao

Re: [squeak-dev] I need help with FFI on MacOSX

johnmci
If you are using the carbon VM then

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/squeakinfoplist.html

SqueakPluginsBuiltInOrLocalOnly

--
=
=

Re: [squeak-dev] [OT] OLPC

Brett Kosinski
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Raymond Asselin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for the Out Of Topic...
>
>  Do Somebody knows <www.laptopgiving.org> ?
>  I recently received a mail saying "You XO laptop is on its way" from
>  a site with this URL <www.laptopgiving.org/start>.
>
>  But...as I received my XO in January, and that the OLPC site URL is
>  <laptop.org> not <laptopgiving.org> I am a bit suspicious...do you think
>  this is a case of fishing?
>
>  I did nothing for now...must I do something...?

Actually, laptop.org is the site for the OLPC project, so I *think* it
might be legit, and they're just *really* behind on emails (I received
one as well).  Either way, you can probably safely ignore it.

Brett.

Re: [squeak-dev] I need help with FFI on MacOSX

jgfoster
For GemStone's Squeak-based tools, /Applications/GemTools.app/Contents/
Resources contains the image, change log, sources,
SqueakFFIPrims.bundle, and our libgcirpc.so. With that, we don't have
to do anything special with DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. We copied the Seaside
one-click package/bundle approach.

James

Thank you

Re: [squeak-dev] I need help with FFI on MacOSX

Diego Fernández
Many thanks to both!

I saw your .plist page... but I missed that option :o)

I think that, like James, I'm going to copy the lib to the squeak.app