[squeak-dev] IRCBot dependencies

Frank Shearar
Thanks to Ken's summary of IRCBot's progress the other day I thought I'd try
it out.

What are its dependencies though? Just Aida? (for WebApplication and
WebStyle)

And what are Aida's dependencies? (I'm told I need class definitions for
SpTiimestamp, SwazooServer, HTTPRequest, Site, HTTPException, SpDate).

frank

Re: [squeak-dev] IRCBot dependencies

Frank Shearar
"Frank Shearar" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Thanks to Ken's summary of IRCBot's progress the other day I thought I'd
try
> it out.
>
> What are its dependencies though? Just Aida? (for WebApplication and
> WebStyle)
>
> And what are Aida's dependencies? (I'm told I need class definitions for
> SpTiimestamp, SwazooServer, HTTPRequest, Site, HTTPException, SpDate).

Handily, and of course after I send a moaning mail, I see Squeak 3.10.2 has
a Package Universe Browser that allows me to one-click install Aida and all
its dependencies!

Once I had Aida installed I could just install IRCBot straight from its
squeaksource repository. Nice!

frank

[squeak-dev] Re: IRCBot dependencies

fstephany
Hi Frank,

Glad to see that you find it quickly :p
If you have any question about it, dont hesitate to ask about it. I want
to continue its development soon but time is quite scarce...

Cheers,

Francois

> Once I had Aida installed I could just install IRCBot straight from its
> squeaksource repository. Nice!
>
> frank

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: IRCBot dependencies

Frank Shearar
"Francois Stephany" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Glad to see that you find it quickly :p
> If you have any question about it, dont hesitate to ask about it. I want
> to continue its development soon but time is quite scarce...

Thanks, Francois :)

I see there's another dependency that Monticello couldn't pick up -
BBRegex>>newForPattern: says

 | class |
  (Smalltalk includesKey: #Re) ifTrue: [class := ReRegex].
 ^class newForPattern: aPattern.

so if Smalltalk doesn't include #Re (as my near-virgin 3.10.2 doesn't),
class contains nil and I get a MNU when #newForPattern: is sent to class.

First, what package defines ReRegex, and second, what would be an
appropriate value for class if the image doesn't have ReRegex?

frank

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: IRCBot dependencies

Ken Causey-3
From Francois' Install.txt found in the GSOC release:

"Dependencies:
- Magma (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2665)
- Aida (http://www.aidaweb.si/)
- RePlugin (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/558)
Those packages are available through Squeakmap and/or Universe.

Magma and Aida are optional but they are needed to use all the bot's
features.

You can load the .mcz present in the archive directly via Monticello
in your image (developed/tested on a 3.10.2). However, it is
recommended to use the latest version from the the squeaksource
repository (http://www.squeaksource.com/IRCBot).
To know how to start/configure the bot, see the SocBot class
documentation."

http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2008-squeak/

Ken

Ken Causey writes:

> From Francois' Install.txt found in the GSOC release:

<snip>
> http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2008-squeak/
>
> Ken

Ah, it hadn't occurred to me to look there. I _had_ googled "squeak ircbot"
and completely missed the third and fourth entries in the results.

Thanks, Ken!

frank

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: IRCBot dependencies

Frank Shearar
"Francois Stephany" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi Frank,
>
> Glad to see that you find it quickly :p
> If you have any question about it, dont hesitate to ask about it. I want
> to continue its development soon but time is quite scarce...

Hi Francois,

I've been hacking a teeny bit with IRCClientWrapper, refactoring
#processCTCPCommand:sender:. How would you like me to send you changesets
etc?

(Also, I found (and fixed) a bug: if someone sends a CTCP PING without an
argument, IRCBot fails where, say, epic4 simply treats the nonexistent
argument as if it were ''. Yes, it's not protocol compliant to send such a
command!)

frank

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: IRCBot dependencies

Ken Causey-3
I have added you as a developer.  If you would like emails each time a
version is added to the repository, let me know, I recommend this
myself.

Ken

"Ken Causey" <[hidden email]> writes:

I have added you as a developer.  If you would like emails each time a
version is added to the repository, let me know, I recommend this
myself.

Yes please, and thanks, Ken!

frank