[squeak-dev] [JSqueak] Which list?

Victor Rodriguez
Hello,

In which list do you prefer to have discussions about JSqueak?  On one
hand, there is the jsqueakinterest mailing list, on the other, Dan
Ingalls suggested to use squeak-dev..

Please reply if you are, or are not,  interested.  I'll try not to
post to both mailing lists again.

Best Regards,

Víctor Rodríguez.

Re: [squeak-dev] [JSqueak] Which list?

stephane ducasse
I would prefer to see the discussions here.

Stef

On Jun 27, 2008, at 2:28 AM, Victor Rodriguez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In which list do you prefer to have discussions about JSqueak?  On one
> hand, there is the jsqueakinterest mailing list, on the other, Dan
> Ingalls suggested to use squeak-dev..

Yes go for it.

> Please reply if you are, or are not,  interested.  I'll try not to
> post to both mailing lists again.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Víctor Rodríguez.

[squeak-dev] Re: Which list?

Bert Freudenberg

Am 29.06.2008 um 10:28 schrieb Robert Wierschke:

> Hi,
>
> I would prefer to use jsqueakinterest for the following reasons:
>
> • The goal is to develop a Java interpreter for Squeak images and
> not to develop Squeak in a way that it can be interpreted by a Java
> Squeak implementation. So development of JSqueak should not
> influence development of Squeak.
> • The squeak-dev list is already very active. Hence someone
> interested in only on of the topics might be disturbed by the other
> discussions on the list. I'm not interested in developing Squeak
> itself (for now).
> • The jsqueakinterest list is already there and on Sun's official
> JSqueak download page announced as the discussion list for JSqueak
> (hence the name ;)). So moving the discussion to annother list might
> be a problem if Dan does not change this on the JSqueak page.
> Furthermore if Dan intended to use squeak-dev as the mailing list
> why does he setup and announced jsqueakinterest?
>
> But I'm afraid I'm already outnumberd.

Not really :) Since development will indeed deal with VM development
in Java mostly, the squeak-dev list seems inappropriate. The Squeak vm-
dev list would fit better, but a special list should work as well. So
I'm for using the jsqueak list.

- Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Which list?

Michael Haupt-3
Hi,

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Not really :) Since development will indeed deal with VM development in Java
> mostly, the squeak-dev list seems inappropriate. The Squeak vm-dev list
> would fit better, but a special list should work as well. So I'm for using
> the jsqueak list.

so am I.

Best,

Michael