[squeak-dev] Jabber install problem?

John Chludzinski
I tried to install (file in) the Jabber package for Squeak (via SqueakMap) and got a download error when it attempted a UTF8 conversion on some bullets:

"Dispatch this presence message according to type:
        · available
            Default. Signals that you are online.
        · unavailable
            You are no longer available. Allows for offline options to be set.
        · subscribe
            An attempt to subscribe to the users presence
        · subscribed
            The subscribe attempt was successful.
        · unsubscribe
            A user is unsubscribing from your presence. The server handles the actual
            unsubscription, as is sent just for notification.
        · unsubscribed
            A presence unsubscribe completed succesfully.
        · probe
            A query to a users presence. The server processes these requests. Note that clients
            do not need to handle this type - it is server only."

I removed these bullets and save the file, then exited the image without saving. Got back into Squeak and then filed in (installed) the modified file.  It worked fine BUT is there something additional that I stopped when I was installing from SqueakMap and the error occurred?  BTW, I'm using the latest image for Windows - 3.10.2-7179.

---John

Re: [squeak-dev] Jabber install problem?

Julian Fitzell-2
Hi John,

I think that's a really old version (Michael, if I'm right can you
update the SqueakMap entry?). Try loading the latest from
http://www.squeaksource.com/Jabber

I also just recently found out that the Croquet team have done some
work on it for Cobalt (http://opencobalt.org/). It would be great if
someone wanted to see what in there would be worth merging back in
(the "Croquet" license reads to me like it's just MIT - not sure what
the difference is).

Julian

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:36 AM, John Chludzinski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried to install (file in) the Jabber package for Squeak (via SqueakMap)
> and got a download error when it attempted a UTF8 conversion on some
> bullets:
>
> "Dispatch this presence message according to type:
>         · available
>             Default. Signals that you are online.
>         · unavailable
>             You are no longer available. Allows for offline options to be
> set.
>         · subscribe
>             An attempt to subscribe to the users presence
>         · subscribed
>             The subscribe attempt was successful.
>         · unsubscribe
>             A user is unsubscribing from your presence. The server handles
> the actual
>             unsubscription, as is sent just for notification.
>         · unsubscribed
>             A presence unsubscribe completed succesfully.
>         · probe
>             A query to a users presence. The server processes these
> requests. Note that clients
>             do not need to handle this type - it is server only."
>
> I removed these bullets and save the file, then exited the image without
> saving. Got back into Squeak and then filed in (installed) the modified
> file.  It worked fine BUT is there something additional that I stopped when
> I was installing from SqueakMap and the error occurred?  BTW, I'm using the
> latest image for Windows - 3.10.2-7179.
>
> ---John

[squeak-dev] Re: Jabber install problem?

Andreas.Raab
Julian Fitzell wrote:
> I also just recently found out that the Croquet team have done some
> work on it for Cobalt (http://opencobalt.org/). It would be great if
> someone wanted to see what in there would be worth merging back in
> (the "Croquet" license reads to me like it's just MIT - not sure what
> the difference is).

There is no difference. It *is* MIT.

Cheers,
   - Andreas