[squeak-dev] MNU in MCSnapshotBrowser

K. K. Subramaniam
Hi,

The following code segment in MCSnapshotBrowser>>visibleClasses:
   ^ self fileDefinitions collect: #path.

triggered a MNU when browsing a package with :FILES entry. This doesn't look
like proper Smalltalk to me. Shouldn't this be:
    ^ self fileDefinitions collect: [:f | f path].

Is this a bug? .. Subbu

Re: [squeak-dev] MNU in MCSnapshotBrowser

keith1y
K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following code segment in MCSnapshotBrowser>>visibleClasses:
>    ^ self fileDefinitions collect: #path.
>
> triggered a MNU when browsing a package with :FILES entry. This doesn't look
> like proper Smalltalk to me. Shouldn't this be:
>     ^ self fileDefinitions collect: [:f | f path].
>
> Is this a bug? .. Subbu

The two should be equivalent. I need some more info.

What squeak image are you using?
Does your version fix the problem?
Can you post the walkback/stacktrace?
Is there a package that raises this error that I can look at?

thanks in advance

Keith

Re: [squeak-dev] MNU in MCSnapshotBrowser

Bert Freudenberg

On 15.02.2009, at 16:48, Keith Hodges wrote:

> K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The following code segment in MCSnapshotBrowser>>visibleClasses:
>>   ^ self fileDefinitions collect: #path.
>>
>> triggered a MNU when browsing a package with :FILES entry. This
>> doesn't look
>> like proper Smalltalk to me. Shouldn't this be:
>>    ^ self fileDefinitions collect: [:f | f path].
>>
>> Is this a bug? .. Subbu
>>
> The two should be equivalent.

Only if you implement Symbol>>value: which is not in any official
release (and should not be).

- Bert -

Re: [squeak-dev] MNU in MCSnapshotBrowser

K. K. Subramaniam
Keithy wrote
K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following code segment in MCSnapshotBrowser>>visibleClasses:
>    ^ self fileDefinitions collect: #path.
>
> triggered a MNU when browsing a package with :FILES entry. This doesn't look
> like proper Smalltalk to me. Shouldn't this be:
>     ^ self fileDefinitions collect: [:f | f path].
>
> Is this a bug? .. Subbu

The two should be equivalent. I need some more info.

What squeak image are you using?
Does your version fix the problem?
Can you post the walkback/stacktrace?
Is there a package that raises this error that I can look at?
I used etoys-dev-4.0 image with OSProcessV4-3-6 and LPF.st. Walkback occurs with the package at http://www.squeaksource.com/LatexMorph/LatexMorph-kks.1.mcz. Somehow, some spurious files (see :FILES) got into this package and I couldn't remove them using MC.

Thanks in advance .. Subbu