[squeak-dev] Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane

[squeak-dev] Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane

Ken G. Brown
sq3.10-7159dev08.04.1
<http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7008>

Ken G. Brown

[squeak-dev] OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

Klaus D. Witzel
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:43:50 +0200, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> sq3.10-7159dev08.04.1
> <http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7008>

This post is to alert the OBSystemBrowser maintainers that just another
part of the "omnipotent" magic is broken/unusable for noobs and other
Squeakers.

AFAIK OB has its own mailing list; if someone here is subscribed please
forward and TIA.

> Ken G. Brown

Re: [squeak-dev] OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

Colin Putney

On 9-Apr-08, at 10:10 PM, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

> This post is to alert the OBSystemBrowser maintainers that just
> another part of the "omnipotent" magic is broken/unusable for noobs
> and other Squeakers.

Thanks for the bug report. Um, you sound a little bitter about it. Is
something wrong?

Colin

[squeak-dev] Re: OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Colin,

on Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:59:29 +0200, you wrote:

> On 9-Apr-08, at 10:10 PM, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> This post is to alert the OBSystemBrowser maintainers that just another
>> part of the "omnipotent" magic is broken/unusable for noobs and other
>> Squeakers.
>
> Thanks for the bug report.

Ken G. didn't mention Omni in his posting (but he did so on Mantis) so I
thought I help out a bit :)

> Um, you sound a little bitter about it.

Interesting :) which part of my comment would that be.

> Is something wrong?

I don't know. I'm frightened when the very first menu item in a browser
offers "remove (x)" or when alt-b on a class name in the annotation text
DNUs but, I'm also not the typical OB user.

> Colin

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

Damien Cassou-3

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7010

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

Damien Cassou-3
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Klaus D. Witzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I don't know. I'm frightened when the very first menu item in a browser
> offers "remove (x)"

In my image (sq3.10-7159dev08.04.1), the first menu items for methods,
classes and method categories are not 'remove'. Only for packages if
you use the package browser (which is the default in my new squeak-dev
images). For this case: http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7011

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

Damien Cassou-3
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Klaus D. Witzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  I don't know. I'm frightened when the very first menu item in a browser
> offers "remove (x)" or when alt-b on a class name in the annotation text
> DNUs but, I'm also not the typical OB user.

Both of these bugs have just been corrected by David Röthlisberger.

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good
luck». (http://blogs.sun.com/ahe/entry/override_snafu)

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

David Röthlisberger
Hi Klaus,

>> Is something wrong?
>
> I don't know. I'm frightened when the very first menu item in a browser
> offers "remove (x)" or when alt-b on a class name in the annotation text
> DNUs but, I'm also not the typical OB user.

I fixed these two issues.
As there is a confirmation message popping up before anything gets removed, the first
bug is not so problematic, but it doesn't look nice, I agree.

OmniBrowser might have its flaws, yes, but bug reports get addressed quite quickly
(less than one day in this case), so at least there is progress here, right? ;)

David

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

Damien Cassou-3
Thank you very much David for all your work on OB.

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:16:21 +0200, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>>  I don't know. I'm frightened when the very first menu item in a browser
>> offers "remove (x)" or when alt-b on a class name in the annotation text
>> DNUs but, I'm also not the typical OB user.
>

> Both of these bugs have just been corrected by David Röthlisberger.

FWIW, both issues where communicated to David before they have been
mentioned here in squeak-dev (alt-b was referred to in another context).
Thank you David for your fixes.

So all I can say now is, thank you very much Damien for putting them also
on Mantis and, for your continued valuable support of the Squeak tools in
your fine Squeak-dev .images.

/Klaus

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: OBSystemBrowser [was: Mantis 7008: 3.10 dev - 'toggle break on entry' is not available in default System Browser method pane]

David Röthlisberger

>> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>>>  I don't know. I'm frightened when the very first menu item in a browser
>>> offers "remove (x)" or when alt-b on a class name in the annotation text
>>> DNUs but, I'm also not the typical OB user.
>>

>> Both of these bugs have just been corrected by David Röthlisberger.
>
> FWIW, both issues where communicated to David before they have been
> mentioned here in squeak-dev (alt-b was referred to in another context).

oh, I have missed that, sorry. Just for the record, when and where, how
have these issues been reported to me?

David